Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    And when you break your system IT just re-image your PC back to 'standard' instead of wasting 3 hours trying to figure out what went wrong.

...and then add you to their mental 'not you again' list
    Ryan_R: Really? That's never happened to me! My usual response has been the classic "have you tried switching it on and off again" Works 99.9% of the time! IT systems run best when there are no users!!
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Every company has 1 or 2 of those special users. If I wasn't in IT I might even be considered one of those users too. The worst case is when the same problem pops up again for that one user a week after re-imaging their PC. It's obvious that something they are doing is causing the problem but it can take a lot of time to work out what (depending on the nature of the issue).

'Off and on' again often works (a lot of important stuff happens during boot-up) - we hate suggesting it but the alternatives can be very technical or time consuming (especially if providing remote support), so why wouldn't you try it?

My golf will be my first new car, the whole programming and messing with the computer thing does worry me a little, but some of the features like the mirror dip is something I'd really like on mine Is there anyone or any place that could do a couple of these programs for me once I take delivery of the car?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesh View Post
    My golf will be my first new car, the whole programming and messing with the computer thing does worry me a little, but some of the features like the mirror dip is something I'd really like on mine Is there anyone or any place that could do a couple of these programs for me once I take delivery of the car?
    Kesh: "The mirror dip " (when backing) doesn't need any special programming device. The function is already native in the car when new (assuming that you have purchased at least a comfortline). The process for enabling "mirror dip" is described in the manual. If you can't figure it out, give me a shout (or I'm sure others on here will be willing to assist you).
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Kesh: "The mirror dip " (when backing) doesn't need any special programming device. The function is already native in the car when new (assuming that you have purchased at least a comfortline). The process for enabling "mirror dip" is described in the manual. If you can't figure it out, give me a shout (or I'm sure others on here will be willing to assist you).
    Hey mate, I've bought the 90tsi dsg actually, so I don't believe I'll have it as standard, is that right?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesh View Post
    Hey mate, I've bought the 90tsi dsg actually, so I don't believe I'll have it as standard, is that right?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    As far as I know, The trendlind does not come with the mirror dipping
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabiz View Post
    As far as I know, The trendlind does not come with the mirror dipping
    wasabiz: Yes, you are correct (according to the VW Golf brochure). The entry in the brochure on the specification table (page 35) doesn't even allow mirror-dip as an option for 90TSI.

Do any of the more experienced VCDS guys on VWW know if it's just a matter of replicating the byte/bit entries (for a Highline/Comfortline) on the passenger door controller, or is additional hardware needed? If it's just a tweak, the set-up for mirror dip on my car is below:

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-mirror-dip-png

Don't know, but there is no harm in trying. Worst case is that you create a fault code which you can erase after.

Users Country Flag
    can any post long coding for block 5F with activated TMC? thnx

Is there anyone in Sydney that is experienced with VCDS that could help me out with some adjustments/enhancements?
    Driving: Golf R Mk7 MY14 - Pure White, DSG, Leather, DAP and Sunroof

Page 11 of 197 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast