Page 101 of 197 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1970

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Thanks Don, changes made and message be gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question Golf GTI PP - Diff VCDS?

Hey Guys,
    New to VW products, I have new Skoda RS230, same as the Golf GTI PP (169 kw).

Has anyone done any VCDS mods to the Diff?

Reviews say the diff is set a bit softer in the skoda than the GTI PP/SEAT cars.
    Cheers
    HP
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    Hey Guys,
    New to VW products, I have new Skoda RS230, same as the Golf GTI PP (169 kw).

Has anyone done any VCDS mods to the Diff?

Reviews say the diff is set a bit softer in the skoda than the GTI PP/SEAT cars.
    Cheers
    HP
    HP: Hi: I'm not sure about your Skoda, but there's a fairly mature VCDS tweak for the mk7 that alters the setting for the Expanded electronic differential lock.

You could look through the adaptation list for the ABS module (@ address hex03) in your car for a channel with a similar sounding name. The firmware for the ABS module on early mk7s didn't allow access to this function, so it might be the same on your vehice - I don't know.

Anyhow, if Expanded electronic differential lock is present in your Adaptation channel list, it will have allowable settings like “Standard" (default for mk7), “Not activated”, “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong”

The mk7 tweak doesn't need a security access code - again not sure about your Skoda

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks Don,
    I should have just PM'd you as your all over this.
    Ill have a look next time I have access to a VCDS.

You would think its the same as VW, but yea will see I guess.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Going to have a look at Diff settings today,
    Anything else worth looking at for Performance?
    I haven't found much in the way of coding for Performance gains that's all.
    Cheers
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

So.. Had a play with VCDS,
    I obviously could not found 'Expanded electronic differential lock' as it is VAQ.
    I did find after looking at all the ABS-Brakes channel: MAS00194-tbd
    VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-diff-jpg

Set to strong (was Standard). Different Car now!
    What problems may come from having this set to Strong long term?
    Anyone know what the Golf PP are set to? or the SEAT's in Europe?
    Last edited by HPRS230; 22-12-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag
    I swapped the standard tail lights on my GTI for a set of after market leds. I'm finding the tail lights (as in red lights on with headlights) too bright making it difficult to notice the brake lights as their isn't much difference in brightness. Anyone know what I need to change with VCDS to reduce tail light brightness?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjamesred View Post
    I swapped the standard tail lights on my GTI for a set of after market leds. I'm finding the tail lights (as in red lights on with headlights) too bright making it difficult to notice the brake lights as their isn't much difference in brightness. Anyone know what I need to change with VCDS to reduce tail light brightness?

Jimmyhamesred: OK -to paraphrase of your question, you want to further-dim the rear tail-lights when the Parking light function operates so as to accentuate the brake lights - and your car has standard "Leuchte" settings for incandescent tails notwithstanding that you have installed LED fittings?

If I have understood your situation correctly then here are the relevant Leuchte-channels and the changes that you might consider making:

Left outer tail lamp (brake light)
    • ENG116956-ENG116261-Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert CD 20 current value 28 - change to lower nu8mber

Left inner tail lamp
    • ENG116959-ENG116314-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert AB 23 current value 28 -change to lower number

Right outer tail lamp (brake light)
    • ENG116957-ENG116280-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert CD 21, current value 28 -change to lower number

Right inner tail lamp
    • ENG116960-ENG116333-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert AB 24, current value 28 -change to lower number

Of course you will need to enter the magic number 31347 as the security access code before attempting to make thiese changes

Don

PS: A consequence of making these changes will be that the Single-Sided-Parking-Light facility will also dim to the number that you have selected (the two outer tail lights perform SSPL). If this is a problem, please advise and I will work-out a further set of changes that decouples SSPL from the normal parking light activity
    Last edited by DV52; 23-12-2016 at 05:34 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Is it possible with VCDS to make the car (2014 MK7) close all the windows with the same door closing click on the remote or keyless? I know its possible if you hold that button but I want just one click.

Also, is it possible to monitor tire pressure since it has some kind of sensor which tells you when there's a pressure drop in any of the tires?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alanzidane View Post

1. Refuel Quantity
    17 Instrument- Coding Byte 10 Bit 4

I can see there in first image "Display ambient temperature"

Is it possible to turn that on? How?

Where does it shows, in the central painel or in that small digital panel behind the wheel between speed/rpm?

Page 101 of 197 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast