Thread: Golf Wagon mark 7 sunroof leaking problems

Golf Wagon mark 7 sunroof leaking problems

Hi all,

My Golf 7 Highline wagon has had a leaking sunroof for, well, ever since I bought the vehicle.

It's been progressively more problematic, with several visits to the dealer and recently for the recall campaign to resolve the drainage issues. After the recall was applied, it's my belief that the issue somehow got worse.

They've had the car for approximately 4 weeks for this year alone - they've had it for nearly two weeks so far for this current attempt at fixing it, and they're telling me they still haven't figured it out and I certainly trust the calibre of the technicians at the particular dealership to resolve the issue.

I am concerned that I might receive a quick, temporary fix that may cause issues in a few years time, at best - if they actually figure it out.

At this point, I am fed up with the constant issues with the vehicle - it's spent months at the dealer in its lifetime and am getting worried.

Am I alone? Has anyone approached VW Customer Care about this issue, or is it time to engage the ACCC to declare the car a lemon and ask for a refund?

I had troubles with a previous VW and had it back to the dealer 15x in first 3 months to have it rectified to no avail. One call to VW oz and I received a call from the dealer to bring car in and problem was fixed that day.