Thread: Tyre recommendations for Golf Mk7 92TSI Trendline

Tyre recommendations for Golf Mk7 92TSI Trendline

Hi I need new tyres and hate the Continental EcoContacts it came with. Poor grip and steering feel. Any recommendations? Size is 195/65/15. Not into high performance/high price but like a good tyre. Generally a Michelin fan but open minded.
    Thanks very much
    Last edited by type3sedan; 02-07-2021 at 05:24 PM.
    Golf 92TSI and Q7 200kw.

Have you looked at Sumotomo tyres ?

Users Country Flag
    Get the Michelin but nothing will be amazing in that size
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

No I haven’t - thanks, I will
    Golf 92TSI and Q7 200kw.

Thanks - the Energy XM2 Pluses? Have you got experience with them? Cheers Richard
    Golf 92TSI and Q7 200kw.

Users Country Flag
    Bridgestone has a few options in that size.

If these are to go onto VW alloy wheels, perhaps consider going to a 205/60/15 (if it will fit and it should). This will (in a decent tire) improve grip and feel significantly.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    +1 for Bridgestone. Check the RE003
    2021 Kamiq Monte Carlo
    1.5 DSG Moon White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by type3sedan View Post
    Thanks - the Energy XM2 Pluses? Have you got experience with them? Cheers Richard
    Yes (at least the XM), on a couple of Avensis Verso I owned and another car that I can't even remember (I've owned 50+ personal and company drives so detail is sometimes foggy).

The Avensis Verso could be pushed into corners at some ridiculous speeds for a people mover. They last well and are reasonable in the wet.

For the power of your car and the sidewall height I think they'd work well.

I've had Sumitomo on a Liberty I had. They were Ok but not as good as the Michelin they replaced.

Sumitomo are also the Parent Company of Dunlop (whose tyres seem to be fairly crap these days if the Dunlops on my Skoda are an indication), Ohtsu and Falken.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Thanks very much everyone
    Golf 92TSI and Q7 200kw.