Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Curious if the traffic report feature is meant to work in Australia. I have turned the TP setting on in radio setup but it's been a few weeks and no reports coming through. Just wanted to know if I'm waiting for a miracle or if I have done something wrong.

Works for me in Melbourne.

Don't really find it of much use, though.

Users Country Flag
    Unless you're one of the "lucky ones" (delivered with it enabled) I thought you needed VCDS to enable it. (See MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread thread)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by beroukas View Post
    Curious if the traffic report feature is meant to work in Australia. I have turned the TP setting on in radio setup but it's been a few weeks and no reports coming through. Just wanted to know if I'm waiting for a miracle or if I have done something wrong.
    Beroukas:Eaglehawk is correct albeit I would have thought that a late model mk7 would have it enabled when delivered by the dealer. But I stopped trying to second-guess VW Australia's practices long ago!

When you say that you enabled TP, was this all that you did? I ask because the data information that is provided by SUNA's traffic service is carried on the RDS facility that FM stations use (it actually uses a harmonic frequency of the stereo signal, but you probably don't want to know this). Anyhow, if you haven't done so, enable RDS in the radio setup screen, wait a while, then try again. Good luck, and if it still doesn't work, try to find a VCDS cable owner here that lives in Sydney (the tweak is real easy to do).
    Last edited by DV52; 14-12-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    My Golf R was delivered 1 week ago & didn't have Traffic Alerts enabled. I enabled it with VCDS & works perfectly here in Brisbane.

Yep, poor explaining from my part, RDS was enabled as well. I'll head over to VW Village and get the boys to have a look. Thanks for the link Eaglehawk, and thanks for the details DV52. I'll keep you updated.

Users Country Flag

Traffic Alerts & Carplay

Howdy - was in the service Dept today to get something minor on my new Golf sorted. Asked about traffic alerts and was told that there is a new update coming to enable them - plus to also retro fit CarPlay to older models (don't know how old as I have it and didn't query) - does anyone know when the update may be coming, as he didn't know.... Don't want to have to spend a fortune on the Ross tech thing if I don't need to, and that's all I really want!

thanks

I'll have to have a play and see if I can get mine going. Luckily traffic isnt much of an issue in Canberra though I'd imaging it would be a must have in Sydney or Melbourne.

Ky

Hahaha, miss those traffic issues in Canberra, or lack of. Had the Suna traffic report with my old TomTom. Didn't get much use out of it and the reports doesn't help much for me in Brisbane.
    GOLF V GTI DSG Silver : On loan to parent until wife thinks I am a responsible driver
    GOLF VI 118TSi DSG Silver Leaf
    GOLF VII 110TSi DSG White
    GOLF VII GTI pp : on negotiation

Users Country Flag

Works on my Discover Pro MIB2 but isn't exactly that helpful and the way it shows is messy in my opinion.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast