Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    TMC is by adaptation so a PRO is needed There is NO app for it.

No it isnt as comprehensive as VCDS but for the average guy it does 90% for half the price

I doubt about the paddles with it but DV52 knows more than me. Paddles I wouldnt worry Its not a supercar and Ive got them and I think Ive used them twice in 2 years.

Would consider in a van to be a waste of money
    Having had a Polo for about 8 years and a T5 van both with DSG and no paddles, it drove me crazy that I couldn’t easily shift down for corners. So I drove the Polo in S all the time.

Of course now that I have a 162kW Tiggy with paddles, I dont need them much because it have heaps of power out of corners. DOH.

My T6.1 wont have S, thanks to VW dropping the dual mode gearshift just as I ordered one. So I have to wait and see what the D mode is like in the new van once it is loaded up...

One supplier in UK reckons the paddle shift steering wheel will be plug and play in the T6.1 because we’re getting it with ACC and MFSW etc. fingers crossed...

I reckon paddles are great, even if I dont use them all the time. Each to their own.

David.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccook View Post
    Looks like I should get the pro, or put up with the car as it is!
    David: why do you need to put-up with either scenario? Shirley there must be someone in Canberra who owns either an OBD11 dongle, or VCDS and is willing to lend a hand? The TMC tweak ain't exactly rocket science (in fact, it's very simple) and for the price of a slab, it might be a very inexpensive solution.
    This forum has a "pimping" facility that is specifically designed to introduce consenting parties for this purpose - see here

Does the OBDeleven give the same functionality as the VAG-COM cable type scanner from Ross Tech??
    hmm...... without overstating the obvious, they are similar - but different devices:
    • VCDS now has a "unique" pricing option that can limit the number of VINs and OBD11 doesn't do this (yet?).
    • VCDS has a fixed cable version device as well as a cable/wifi-dongle device and OBD11 only has Bluetooth dongles.
    • VCDS doesn't require good internet reception at the place-of-use and OBD11 does have this requirement.
    • VCDS works on MS Windows and there is also a VCDS-Mobile APP and OBD11 will operate on both Android and iOS
    Last edited by DV52; 29-03-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    David: why do you need to put-up with either scenario? Shirley there must be someone in Canberra who owns an OBD11 dongle and is willing to lend a hand? The TMC tweak ain't exactly rocket science (in fact, it's very simple) and for the price of a slab, it might be a very inexpensive solution.
    This forum has a "pimping" facility that is specifically designed to introduce consenting parties for this purpose - see here

hmm...... without overstating the obvious, they are similar - but different devices:
    • VCDS now has a "unique" pricing option that can limit the number of VINs and OBD11 doesn't do this (yet?).
    • VCDS has a fixed cable version device as well as a cable/wifi-dongle device and OBD11 only has Bluetooth dongles.
    • VCDS doesn't require good internet reception at the place-of-use and OBD11 does have this requirement.
    • VCDS works on MS Windows and there is also a VCDS-Mobile APP and OBD11 will operate on both Android and iOS

ATM is rather severely limited in IOS for long coding especially but is still being developed
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Ah - that sounds very appealing. For one thing I’m not sure if I want to do more than about 2 changes, and I’d also really like to find someone who knows what tehyr’e doing. (Pity I dont have any faith in Canberra’s dealers.) ;-\
    [*]VCDS works on MS Windows and there is also a VCDS-Mobile APP and OBD11 will operate on both Android and iOS [/LIST]
    As an Apple user, that’s a + for OBD11, if it can do what I want. I have virtual windows pcs but try to avoid it if I can. (Let’s not start that discussion here)

Thanks again for your help.
    I love this forum but find it tragic that I have to go to a public forum to find reliable information about my expensive new car.

Cheers,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    ATM is rather severely limited in IOS for long coding especially but is still being developed
    What does “limited” mean wrt fixing the TCM / RDS functions?
    ��

Shirley there must be someone in Canberra who owns either an OBD11 dongle, or VCDS and is willing to lend a hand?
    [/LIST]
    Sigh. I just searched the “pimping” facility for “Canberra” and came up with “We need an installer in Canberra”.
    Maybe I can get a job! Hang on - I retired to go travelling not futzing with cars. ��

Gee I’m glad I dont live in some small backwater...

Looks like I buy my own OBD11 unless someone pipes up in the next day or 2...

Cheers,
    David.

Users Country Flag
    What does “limited” mean wrt fixing the TCM / RDS functions?
    ��

Read here what it can do https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/8...pment-timeline.

It doesnt work on a windows PC (have been there failed at that) is only for Android and IOS Its a 30 sec job to do what you want as its the easiest mod of all but you need a Pro version to do it

It isnt your new car thats at fault its finding what to use to do unauthorized modifications to it which in some things may or may not void your warranty

Best way is buy a cheap old Samsung Galaxy running android 5.0 or higher and use that. Ive go an old Moto G that the sound is stuffed but still runs OBDEleven quite well.

Users Country Flag
    Sigh. I just searched the “pimping” facility for “Canberra”

Cheers,
    David.
    You do dont you???????? Was water at one time LOL

Users Country Flag
    Sigh. I just searched the “pimping” facility for “Canberra” and came up with “We need an installer in Canberra”.
    Maybe I can get a job! Hang on - I retired to go travelling not futzing with cars. ��

Cheers,
    David.

Hey David,

I can help. I am in Tuggeranong

Let me know

I'll be up in canberra tomorrow arvo and staying overnight on mny way to sydney...
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast