Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    CandE; Hello. Not sure if you are aware, but RDS stands for Radio Data System. Just as a suggestion, have a look at the code-string on your MIB and in particular note the setting for Byte 13, Bit3. If the long coding helper is the same as mine below (which is from a MIB1), Perhaps this setting cab help you with the problem?

Don

I made this change as suggest by Don, thanks for that, and now have RDS option in menu, but still not receiving any traffic reports.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    I made this change as suggest by Don, thanks for that, and now have RDS option in menu, but still not receiving any traffic reports.
    What software version is on the unit?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    What software version is on the unit?

I will check tomorrow and report back. Might have to get it updated as suggested and see how that goes.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    CandE: Good- at least you now have RDS! The problem may well be the SW version as per Kamold's post, but one last suggestion that is an easy try is to reset the infotainment unit.

Not sure if you know this procedure, but just hold down the on/off button on the radio until the unit switches off and keep holding down the button until it switches on again.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    When I did this on my MIB1, the initial value was 0. But on my mate's Golf MY15, his was something like 65535. I haven't changed his yet, but did anyone find changing from this initial value work? Or does it need a software update to his headunit?

Users Country Flag
    So my partner went to VW today, MY16 110 Highline. Hardware H24 and Software 0245.

No MIB2 updates available (Apparently one is coming...) so traffic obviously still does not work. Have not tried the POIs however I'm assuming they won't work either.

Users Country Flag
    Need to do some research and find out how the software version numbering works.
    Appears to be different for different regions.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by SimoHDK View Post
    So my partner went to VW today, MY16 110 Highline. Hardware H24 and Software 0245.

No MIB2 updates available (Apparently one is coming...) so traffic obviously still does not work. Have not tried the POIs however I'm assuming they won't work either.
    MY16 92 TSI with MIB2 - H25.14.78 Software 0624. Updated early August. Traffic 1024 coded and custom POIs work fine.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    My personal car, MY16 Golf R is:

Hardware: 820
    Software: 0624

Traffic and POIs work fine.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    When I did this on my MIB1, the initial value was 0. But on my mate's Golf MY15, his was something like 65535. I haven't changed his yet, but did anyone find changing from this initial value work? Or does it need a software update to his headunit?
    Eaglehawk: explanation of numbering follows:

Originally Posted by zloybob

hello Maybe i can help u with TMC
    1024, 65535 etc its value for various settings (This can be seen in the firmware file)
    65535 - TMC OFF
    1024 -
    SUNA Traffic (Intelematics)
    0 - dev options
    32771 online traffic + VW TMCPro
    Australia uses SUNA, I've seen lots of UK admaps that have 32771 setting. In answer to your question, I have changed a couple of units with 65535 and it has worked OK - but I needed to reset the MIB unit in each case and wait a while before the Traffic table was populated . On one of the cars, it didn't work until the owner started the car the next day - go figure!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 13-09-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast