Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Quote Originally Posted by cozza View Post
    Works on my Discover Pro MIB2 but isn't exactly that helpful and the way it shows is messy in my opinion.
    We IOS people need Google Maps. Best GPS/Nav/traffic App out there....plus I have about a hundred saved locations in the App.

Desperately hoping Apple gives us a 'Default Map App' selection in IOS, followed by Google Maps support in CarPlay.
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Users Country Flag

Traffic Info & Map Update for Discover Media 6.5 MY16

Hi All,

Anyone with an MY16 with the Discover Media 6.5 been able to get the Traffic info working?

Found this video on youtube but mine doesn't have the same option in the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWCbPxR9K00

Also are there any map updates as the Here website doesn't seem to have anything past a 2014 model.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Yep! You can enable traffic via programming. Use a tool such as OBDeleven. I did it on mine and it works great.

With OBDeleven you can navigate to Headunit > Adaptation > "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)" and set the value to '1024'

Hit save, wait an hour or so and it will start to work. Make sure TP and RDS are enabled within the radio settings too.

Users Country Flag
    OK great

Any in Sydney happen to have one of these and willing to help out?

Cheers

Hi all,

I can't seem to get the traffic updates to work.
    I have made changes using OBDeleven and turned on TP setting but still nothing.

I noticed from video posted that I don't have the RDS option in my screen menu, second line is missing, does anyone know how to activate this in menu using OBDeleven?

Or am I missing something?

Users Country Flag
    There has been reports of some headunits not accepting this due to a software bug. As an example, my partners March-16 110TSI Highline doesn't work even after traffic being enabled in OBDeleven. As I read on another forum, this is a bug.

She's going to VW on Monday for a software update, I'll report back if it fixes the problem.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    Hi all,

I can't seem to get the traffic updates to work.
    I have made changes using OBDeleven and turned on TP setting but still nothing.

I noticed from video posted that I don't have the RDS option in my screen menu, second line is missing, does anyone know how to activate this in menu using OBDeleven?

Or am I missing something?

CandE; Hello. Not sure if you are aware, but RDS stands for Radio Data System. Just as a suggestion, have a look at the code-string on your MIB and in particular note the setting for Byte 13, Bit3. If the long coding helper is the same as mine below (which is from a MIB1), Perhaps this setting cab help you with the problem?

Don

Last edited by DV52; 10-09-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    I've seen two cars where I was not able to enable traffic on Discover Pro (MIB2) units.
    Both had software version 0240.
    There is a TSB from VW which indicates that a minimum of version 0613 is required on these units.
    Every other car I've enabled traffic on successfully has a newer version.
    I'd suggest checking what version you have and getting VW to update per their TSB 91N9.
    Then report back if it works.
    Last edited by kamold; 11-09-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    ^^^^ Kamold: Hello.

You may well be correct in your SW hypothesis (interesting observation). Coincidentally, I was investigating a problem for a colleague on another forum regarding the 5F module using OBD11 dongle and I came across the interesting long-coding entry below (highlighted in the yellow box):

Now the long coding helper screens on VCDS look very different to those on OBD11 and this entry isn't identified. There is also no way (that I know) of finding the particular Bit number for the Byte 14 RDS function that's quoted on this screen.

I hope that OP provides feedback because the solution for this problem is mighty intriguing!

Interesting stuff indeed!!

Don

EDIT: On a totally unrelated matter, you appear to have access to some great resources which prompts me to ask the following question: Do you have ODIS and if so, is there any way of "hacking", or otherwise using the device to find-out the security access code for control modules?

I'm still on my quest to find the security code for MY16 instrument module and whilst I have been successful using VCP for this purpose (on other modules), I can't find an acceptable security code for the MY16 unit as the seed for the polling function (hope this makes sense)
    Last edited by DV52; 12-09-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Another piece of the puzzle perhaps Don...?
    We'd need someone with a Discover unit with non-available RDS option and OBDEleven to check if that bit is set, then compare the long coding string with a working unit to see if we can isolate which bit might need to be flipped.

Not sure when I will see my recalcitrant Golf Alltrack again but if I do I'll check it with OBDEleven and report back.

EDIT: Just a clarification- the two Disco Pro systems that I haven't been able to enable traffic on both HAVE the RDS option available in the radio menu (and TP) however enabling them and setting the traffic adaptation to 1024 do not have the usual affect.

I have a sum total of about 40mins experience with ODIS but will have a look at it and see what I can figure out WRT security codes...
    Last edited by kamold; 12-09-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast