Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJA on 2018 MK7.5

TJA on 2018 MK7.5

Hi All,

Just wondering have any of you guys succeed in activating TJA on the 2018 MK7.5 golfs?

I have driver's assistance package with lane assist & ACC but not TJA. Just not sure is it more like a hardware replacement or just a tweak in coding?

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielT View Post
    Hi All,

Just wondering have any of you guys succeed in activating TJA on the 2018 MK7.5 golfs?

I have driver's assistance package with lane assist & ACC but not TJA. Just not sure is it more like a hardware replacement or just a tweak in coding?

Thanks.
    Gabriel: Notwithstanding your location, perhaps read THIS

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks Don! Just what I needed.

So question will be anyone in Brisbane that can do this?

Not sure what you mean by traffic jam assist, however, my MY18 GTI original (fitted with DAP ) will, when cruse and lane assist is stop activated, will stop and start in a freeway traffic jam, when stopped I must tap the accelerator to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by tw586 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by traffic jam assist, however, my MY18 GTI original (fitted with DAP ) will, when cruse and lane assist is stop activated, will stop and start in a freeway traffic jam, when stopped I must tap the accelerator to take off.
    Yeah I think mine does that (lane assist) only over 65km/h and if the road lines are clear. I believe newer versions 2019 mk7.5 golfs haves traffic jam assist (lane assist?) working below 65km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Gabriel: Notwithstanding your location, perhaps read THIS

Don

Hi Don,

Having read the thread you mentioned, is it possible to activate this feature via OBDeleven?

Keen to play around to get this feature working if that is the case.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielT View Post
    Hi Don,

Having read the thread you mentioned, is it possible to activate this feature via OBDeleven?

Keen to play around to get this feature working if that is the case.
    Gabriel: Hi.

Short answer is: I don't know for certain, but I very much doubt it!

If you had asked this same question before the recent release of the OBD11's "nextgen" dongle, the answer would have been a resounding NO!

As Kamold eloquently says in the link on my first post above:
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    It [TJA] requires Vag CAN Pro (VCP) to load a suitable encrypted parameter set to the A5 front assist camera MCU.
    The reason for VCP is that mods are needed to some of the parameters inside the firmware for the hexA5 module - both VCDS and OBD11 (until recently) were not able to access this part of a module's programming.

However, VOLTAS IT have now included access to the module's EEPROM in their nextgen dongle. BUT (and there is always a "but"), notwithstanding the announcement of new facility in the latest device, there is much confusion about how it works (and to my mind- if it works)!

I've been trying to use the new EEPROM function without success since I was provided a nextgen dongle. The OBD11 help desk has been unable to explain how to use the function - other than in the broadest terms. I suspect that the EEPROM facility just isn't a high priority for VOLTAS IT- maybe?

Hence my doubts!!

Don

PS: Here's a few screenshots of the EEPROM facility on the nextgen dongle- if anyone has insights, please respond
    Last edited by DV52; 30-04-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Gabriel: Hi.

Short answer is: I don't know for certain, but I very much doubt it!

If you had asked this same question before the recent release of the OBD11's "nextgen" dongle, the answer would have been a resounding NO!

As Kamold eloquently says in the link on my first post above:

The reason for VCP is that mods are needed to some of the parameters inside the firmware for the hexA5 module - both VCDS and OBD11 (until recently) were not able to access this part of a module's programming.

However, VOLTAS IT have now included access to the module's EEPROM in their nextgen dongle. BUT (and there is always a "but"), notwithstanding the announcement of new facility in the latest device, there is much confusion about how it works (and to my mind- if it works)!

I've been trying to use the new EEPROM function without success since I was provided a nextgen dongle. The OBD11 help desk has been unable to explain how to use the function - other than in the broadest terms. I suspect that the EEPROM facility just isn't a high priority for VOLTAS IT- maybe?

Hence my doubts!!

Don

PS: Here's a few screenshots of the EEPROM facility on the nextgen dongle- if anyone has insights, please respond
    Thanks for your in-depth explanation. Yes, I have got the nextgen dongle recently. Have been fiddling around with other adaptations and was curious if anyone got this to work. I spoke to a few VW techs and they all gave a generic answer - no the hardware does not support it (even on the MK7.5 early stage units).

Users Country Flag

Hi guys, Old thread I know, but I'm confused as to what TJA actually does. OK, mines a UK car but I assume it's supposed to work the same no matter where you are. I specc'd my 2018 MK7.5 GTI DSG with the "full" safety package here in the UK (and it was an expensive option), which according to the brochure, is supposed to contain the following:

What I was told, this is supposed to slow the car down when approaching slow moving or traffic at standstill, and potentially bring the car to a complete stop (which it does when ACC has been enabled). However I was told that up to about 25-30mph, the car should stop, start, steer etc. automatically in reaction to the car in front. However whilst mine does stop, if it stops for long enough to cut the engine (start/stop), it needs me to blip the throttle to get it moving again - i.e. it's not automatic ?

Furthermore, by pressing the button at the end of the indicator stalk, all my assistance systems show up (Front Assist, Lane Assist, Side Assist, Rear Assist etc), but no mention of TJA, and nothing in any of the car menus either ?

Is my understanding of what TJA actually does wrong then ?
    Last edited by Sootchucker; 26-06-2020 at 01:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast