Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernova headlight upgrade.

Supernova headlight upgrade.

Has anyone done the MK7.5 Style Supernova headlight upgrade ?
    They look awesome on the website and I'm thinking of getting them but just wondering how difficult they are to install. Looking on YouTube it seems you have to remove the front grill and spoiler. Also just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the brightness as far as oncoming drivers. I had previously changed the globes to HID style on my last mk5 GTI and was made to change them by the police as they claimed they were too bright.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gh172 View Post
    Has anyone done the MK7.5 Style Supernova headlight upgrade ?
    They look awesome on the website and I'm thinking of getting them but just wondering how difficult they are to install. Looking on YouTube it seems you have to remove the front grill and spoiler. Also just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the brightness as far as oncoming drivers. I had previously changed the globes to HID style on my last mk5 GTI and was made to change them by the police as they claimed they were too bright.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    It would be because they were flaring as you cant put HID into halogen reflectors as they flare all over the place as the reflectors are totally different .

Probably will run into the same problem again as they MAY be illegal to fit in your reflectors
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    It would be because they were flaring as you cant put HID into halogen reflectors as they flare all over the place as the reflectors are totally different .

Probably will run into the same problem again as they MAY be illegal to fit in your reflectors
    Looking at the whole mk7.5 sequential light replacement this time, not just the globes.

VW Golf MK7.0 Sequential Projector Headlight - 7.5 Style - Tri LED - Supernova Lighting
    Last edited by gh172; 07-12-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    My only worry is that you cant seem to replace the LED/LED strips individually but to replace the entire lamp unit, if there's a failure. Has anyone had such an experience?

Users Country Flag
    Looking at the whole mk7.5 sequential light replacement this time, not just the globes.

VW Golf MK7.0 Sequential Projector Headlight - 7.5 Style - Tri LED - Supernova Lighting
    hmm..... not inexpensive - but looks interesting!!! Marketing blurb suggests that the entire install process is plug-and-play. I guess this would be my greatest concern - quality of after sales support important (not sure how you establish this)?
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    My only worry is that you cant seem to replace the LED/LED strips individually but to replace the entire lamp unit, if there's a failure. Has anyone had such an experience?

Supernova's LEDs come with a 2 year warranty, fwiw. I don't think I've found a negative review of any of their VW products.
    2007 Passat V6 FSI 4Motion Sedan | Reflex Silver | DBA Slotted Rotors | ATE Ceramics | Pioneer Car Play |
    | Emblem Reverse Camera | R-Line MFSW w. flappy paddles! | Supernova Headlight LEDs & Parkers |
    On the radar: Chrome switches, engine mounts | Living vicariously through everybody else's mods!

Users Country Flag
    Same ones? Marco got some new Mk7 style headlights recently - not sure if these are the Supernova ones?

He isnt on the forums anymore but is on FB.

FYI bumper must be removed (dropped) and grill removed to replace the headlight assemblies - so its not a quick job.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

It's been some time pondering a decision on these. I think I will go ahead with a local supplier and grab the 7.5 R tail lights as well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Finally got these headlights fitted and really liking how they look. Looking forward to how they light up at the road at night!

Last edited by gh172; 24-10-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Users Country Flag

Finally got these headlights fitted and they really liking how they look. Looking forward to how they light up the road.

They look just like the ones i have on my 7.5
    The double wink daytime running lights just look awesome

As a bonus since i have had the car just on 3 years now i have never had someone pull out in front of me or fail to see me coming they really do work!
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast