Support VWWC

Thread: Sun Vizor difficult to move sideways - 7.5 tsi

Users Country Flag

Sun Vizor difficult to move sideways - 7.5 tsi

Possibly this is rather trivial but I'd appreciate comments.
    I have very rarely swiveled the sun vizor to partly cover the driver's side window. I'd forgotten how difficult it is to release it from the retaining bracket; today I couldn't unhook it from the bracket with just one hand while driving. I eventually stopped and had to use both hands to release the vizor from its metal lined retainer. The passenger vizor is just as tight and very difficult to move. Is this a common 'problem' and/or is there any way of making the vizor easier to release without causing rattles?

I had exactly the same issue just the other day. I was given a near brand new Golf as a loan car, and wanted to position the visor as you describe. I had to pull with such force that the retaining clip came out of the roof lining. Even then I needed to use the vehicle key bit to release the clip off the visor. Thankfully all went back together easily but I decided to leave it well alone.
    I think they are just held very tight, especially if used infrequently. You could try unclipping/reclipping the visor a few times, or slightly widen the jaws of the clip with the barrel of a suitably sized screw driver, or possibly just a touch of lubricant spray will sort it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that - just another 'feature' of a Golf. Probably best left alone before something breaks and then rattles!

Users Country Flag

Try some silicone spray or at the extreme end a light rub with fine sandpaper
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan