Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for 2019 Golf R MK7.5 brake rotor

Users Country Flag

Suggestion for 2019 Golf R MK7.5 brake rotor

Hi.. I'm getting close to replacing front rotors.
    Would you have any suggestions for aftermarket Performance rotors?
    or would you just replace with OEM stock. (this is pretty good itself).

ps. I'm NOT a weekend racer.... but I'm highway commuter. (Many encounters with kangaroo and they are killers).

Or.. how about whole 'Big Brake Kit' ? Alcon or AP looks really good.

Thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    Big brake kit = big $$$. Completely unnecessary for a street car but your choice of course.

I have the 340mm Bosch standard replacement disks on my Mk7 GTI Performance (same brakes as your Golf R) and they are perfectly fine. I have these fitted for about 12 months now and they are great. Part # BD1566. Bosch Front Brake Discs 340mm BD1566 | Run Auto Parts

If you want something of a better quality, then look at the DBA T3 range: DBA42830S | DBA 4000 Series T3 Slotted Brake Rotor

Some other choices here: https://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/cata...rol&submodel=R
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    big brake kit for daily commuting

if your current rotors are good what are you even asking for

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah... I'm just commuting 110km/h with kangaroo popping out ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PingMonster View Post
    For one big stop for a kangaroo, higher performance tyres would probably be better than a big brake kit. Maybe some slightly more aggressive pads. Anything too aggressive won't be warm while cruising the highway so the initial bite won't be there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    PingMonster: Hi.

You are probably already aware - but don't forget that your project will require access to a device for opening/closing the electrically driven calipers (and maybe a good back-up power supply - if you want added protection)!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PingMonster View Post
    i only commute on the same roads as you my friend.. the same 110+ highways with kangaroos .... the kangaroos dont pop out every 500m .. might happen once a year or two if that... id be more concerned with the braindead hicks, ice junkies and rednecks trying to run you off the road from ACT and in between towns.

Back to kangaroos.. I have had to literally stop on a dime for 2 stray kangaroos when i was booting it on the some b-roads (doing more than 110) and i stopped farely comfortably on very worn DBA xp650 brake pads and 2nd time used cheapo rotors...

Worked like a charm , maybe you need to pay attention to the road ahead of you if stray animals are a concern... i noticed a pack of kangaroos on the side of the road and was prepared... Sometimes preperation is better than the medication

Users Country Flag
    only need OBD11 or VCDS to release the rear calipers for change..

dont need it for the fronts.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ML24WA View Post
    For one big stop for a kangaroo, higher performance tyres would probably be better than a big brake kit. Maybe some slightly more aggressive pads. Anything too aggressive won't be warm while cruising the highway so the initial bite won't be there.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    i can highly recommend these pads for stopping power / mainly daily commuting + spirited.

DBA XP Performance Brake Pad Set DB8849XP | Sparesbox

discs make little to no difference for daily commute.. you can get oem or you can get dba T3 (more expensive) .. the T3s might last longer and give you more confidence..

As stated in earlier post.. I am using my cheapo oem rotors for a 2nd go around.. Chucked some of these DBA XP650 pads (first revision of linked pads) ... experienced no difference in braking with them being used twice and i still have some meat on the pads after roughly 80,000kms and alot of spirited driving.

Rda slotted and dimpled . What I use , street car . No track use I’ll admit . But on the street I got no complaints

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast