Support VWWC

Thread: Strange Noise coming from my Golf Highline

Users Country Flag

Strange Noise coming from my Golf Highline

YouTube

Hi, I have had a noise coming out of my VW Golf Highline for a while, recently took a video off it, in the hope someone could tell me what it might be. I've recently had it serviced and got them to take a look at the noise, at first thought they had fixed it but it has come back. You will want to turn the video up to here the noise, I'm reversing out of my garage early in the morning, you should here the car select reverse then the noise i'm hearing is the 2nd noise that comes in and out, to me its sounds like creaking but can't work out what it would be.
    Last edited by ChristopherJ; 22-06-2019 at 08:46 PM.

if it's a noise that lasts about half a second, coincide with your electronic handbrake?
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    if it's a noise that lasts about half a second, coincide with your electronic handbrake?
    I only hear it reversing in the mornings when its cold once i get to work and reverse into my car spot, can't here it. You think it could be handbrake related? I never use the handbrake other then leave the auto hold on.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherJ View Post
    I only hear it reversing in the mornings when its cold once i get to work and reverse into my car spot, can't here it. You think it could be handbrake related? I never use the handbrake other then leave the auto hold on.
    T

Turn the auto hold off then and see it it still does it Seems the logical and sensible thing to do
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    T

Turn the auto hold off then and see it it still does it Seems the logical and sensible thing to do
    Yes I haven’t tried that, never thought about the elec brake. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk