Thread: Side Skirt Extensions

Side Skirt Extensions

Hi all!

I’m eager to know if the side skirt extensions for the hatchback are interchangeable with the GSW/Wagon?

Part number: 5G0071685GRU

They’re discontinued unfortunately.

Old thread but registering interest!
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag
    Am pretty sure the hatch and wagon have different wheelbases, which would lead to the sills being different lengths, ergo....no? That's my thoughts anyway.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Am pretty sure the hatch and wagon have different wheelbases, which would lead to the sills being different lengths, ergo....no? That's my thoughts anyway.
    Mk7 & Mk7.5 wagons have the same wheelbase as the hatches, but the Mk8 wagon has a longer wheelbase than the Mk8 hatch.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Let me know if you want me to take any measurements of my Mk7 GTI so you can compare to your wagon.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Apparently it does fit.

Here a video that I found:

Testing and Installing Cheap Rocker Panels / Side Skirts on a Mk7 Golf Sportwagen - YouTube

I still yet to see if my wagon has the grooves to be installed on.
    Last edited by Gutoneto; 02-08-2022 at 08:44 PM.
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...