Support VWWC

Thread: Shark fin Antenna ripped off 7.5 Final Edition

Users Country Flag

Shark fin Antenna ripped off 7.5 Final Edition

Hey all,

Had a bit of a nightmare over the weekend, unknown to me garage door didn't go up fully, reversed quickly and bang completely snapped off the GPS Sharks fin antenna on my 7.5 Final Edition. Good one!

Damage, Sharks Fin has pinged off and taken with it any connections on the underside so GPS doesn't work, slight dent in the roof that needs a small paintless dent removal and a couple of deep scratches that look like they may need machining (and even that might not cut it to be frank, straight through my Opticoat as well, Awesome) plus the fin needs reseating and sealing.....

I've taped it up to keep rain out, but need to sort it this week. I'm in 2076, anyone know anywhere good value and reputable nearby I can take it into? Bit of a pain prior Xmas spending!

Cheers as always
    LS
    Last edited by langs_sydney; 30-11-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I did similar to my Polo back in Jan but still haven't fixed it. Literally drove it only once a month since I began working from home in March so it's not high on my priority list. Managed to dent the garage door which makes it a double whammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I know right. I got it booked into a place in Hornsby who are going to replace the Antenna (280 bucks) and then remove the dent from the roof via paintless dent removal, the scratches necessitate whole roof being repainted and then a re-ceramic and THAT will have to wait till post xmas as likely to be a grand plus!

Users Country Flag

that sucks.
    Cheers