Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Service Reminder

Oil reminder warning Mk7 R

Apologies if this has been asked. I feel like it probably has, but a search yielded no results.

This morning, I got a reminder on my MFD saying to do an oil change in 30 days. Today marks 8 months from delivery, so I assume it's set to remind to change the oil at 9 months.

Why is that the case, if the service intervals are 12 months? Seems strange to me. Why wouldn't they make it 6 months or not at all.

Also annoying you have to take it to a dealer to have it done. I could probably do it myself if there was a way to disable the reminder.
    2014 - Mk 7 Golf R in Silver | 2011 - Polo TDI in Yellow | 1981 - Lincoln Town Car in 80s beige

Users Country Flag
    There should be a way to reset the service schedule in the mfd.
    I know i can do it in the Tiguan.

It was probably set when the car arrived int eh country rather than when you picked it up as it shouldn't be a 9 month interval, rather it should be a 12 month.

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    There should be a way to reset the service schedule in the mfd.
    I know i can do it in the Tiguan.

It was probably set when the car arrived int eh country rather than when you picked it up as it shouldn't be a 9 month interval, rather it should be a 12 month.
    Yeah, that could be it. I might call the dealer and ask them...that'll be fun
    2014 - Mk 7 Golf R in Silver | 2011 - Polo TDI in Yellow | 1981 - Lincoln Town Car in 80s beige

Dealer reckons the same as you TV. They said it'll be fine to leave it til the first service and just to take to them to sync it up with the service intervals.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked. I feel like it probably has, but a search yielded no results.

This morning, I got a reminder on my MFD saying to do an oil change in 30 days. Today marks 8 months from delivery, so I assume it's set to remind to change the oil at 9 months.

Why is that the case, if the service intervals are 12 months? Seems strange to me. Why wouldn't they make it 6 months or not at all.

Also annoying you have to take it to a dealer to have it done. I could probably do it myself if there was a way to disable the reminder.
    You haven't said how many km you have done but I assume it's< 15,000km???

You'll find whoever did the PD has stuffed up the oil service interval. The dealer can easily fix / reset this
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I've done 9,300km. Yeah sounds like it. I'll pop in and see them

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    I've done 9,300km. Yeah sounds like it. I'll pop in and see them
    armthehomless: My Golf did the same thing at about the same time as yours (9 months after purchase). Rather than making a trip to the stealer, and because I had to visit the stealer in another 3 months time, I simply reset the message using the 0.0 button on the instrument cluster. All the dates got reset to their correct settings when the stealer did the service.

My theory (totally without any evidence) is that the date that was set in the car was the date when the car originally left the factory. It was probably supposed to be reset by the stealer as part of the delivery process, but clearly in both our cases this wasn't done (sloppy delivery check by the stealer).
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Same with my MK7 GTI.... It started complaining around 8 months after I got it, with about 12,000 on it. Dealer said the same thing..... The reminder was set to 12 months at factory/when it originally got to the dealer, rather than when it was sold.

I just ignore it for 3000km and then dropped it it fir the regular service. Service Reminder

Users Country Flag
    Same as all them^^. Started annoying me at 9000km and 8 months. Dealer said Whoops and reset it, after I failed to be able to reset it via the Odometer button as laid out in the manual. It was totally reset, so the 15000 / 12 month trigger presently doesn't exist. 3 minute while you wait drop-in visit.

I am very confident that the OM will instruct how to reset this. All it takes is reading it......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast