Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Service Reminder

Keyless Reset Service Interval Notification

Heya Folk,

I've Googled for hrs, I've already read the Manual, and neither of those options work. How do you reset the Oil Change Now! notification in a Golf R? There is no ignition to turn a key in (which the process in the manual requires) and pressing Start to go to Acc, or Running while holding 0.0 does give me a notification about the service, but doesn't seem to let me reset it.

Anyone... Please?

Users Country Flag
    Isn't there something in the car's trip computer ?
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Not that I can see, it just states Oil Change Now and the km. Some combinations of holding down 0.0 from off, from accessories, or from start and/or simultaneously pressing the start button do offer a "Service Now" screen that's different from the main one, but no combination of buttons I've experimented with get it to reset.

Golf 7 R Service Period

My Golf R is 6 months old, done <5000k's and the "service due" message is coming up. What's the normal duration?

12 months — it probably got set at the factory or somewhere in the delivery chain.

I think you'll find the reset procedure in the manual, otherwise get the dealer to do it for you.

Users Country Flag
    Interval is 12 months or 15,000kms.

I'd pop into the service department and get them to take a look at it. The dash cluster is probably programmed with the wrong intervals. Not a big deal, takes about 5 mins to sort out.

Users Country Flag

Service Reminder

Hi Guys,
    Recently did an oil and filter change on my TDI Highline.
    I know there is already a thread on this, has anyone had any luck resetting their service now reminder?
    I tried to do it manually with no luck, would a normal mechanic have the software to be able to do it? a VW dealership told me I have to get it serviced at the dealership for them to remove it (no wonder they have a bad reputation)

Cheers
    Steve

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec4206 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Recently did an oil and filter change on my TDI Highline.
    I know there is already a thread on this, has anyone had any luck resetting their service now reminder?
    I tried to do it manually with no luck, would a normal mechanic have the software to be able to do it? a VW dealership told me I have to get it serviced at the dealership for them to remove it (no wonder they have a bad reputation)

Cheers
    Steve
    Steve - it's easily done with a VCDS cable - where in Melbourne do you live?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

there is a procedure to reset it manually, dealer ship you have gone has lied about it they can reset it depending who you talk to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast