Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: removing calipers.

Users Country Flag

Cool removing calipers.

hallo all.

wondering if anyone knows to remove / completely disconnect front brake calipers on golf R mk7.

I have changed the pads before so know how to unscrew the bolts but i would like to remove the entire caliper and refurb them.

does anyone know the process / tools needed for disconnecting the hose and if there will be brake fluid gushing out e.t.c

Thanks and Gesundheit to all

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    hallo all.

wondering if anyone knows to remove / completely disconnect front brake calipers on golf R mk7.

I have changed the pads before so know how to unscrew the bolts but i would like to remove the entire caliper and refurb them.

does anyone know the process / tools needed for disconnecting the hose and if there will be brake fluid gushing out e.t.c

Thanks and Gesundheit to all

For your own safety and everybody else's, if you have to ask these questions, you're better off leaving it to the experts.

Once you disconnect the hoses, fluid will leak but that's the least of your problems, you will have to bleed the brakes, if not done right could be a big problem.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    For your own safety and everybody else's, if you have to ask these questions, you're better off leaving it to the experts.

Once you disconnect the hoses, fluid will leak but that's the least of your problems, you will have to bleed the brakes, if not done right could be a big problem.

thanks for the duty of care bud i asked if anyone knows how to do it and is willing to share the process, if you do not how to do it you're better off leaving the reply to someone who does, and if you do know i would love to know !

the hoses on the brakes are solid so will be difficult to clamp and perhaps need to be plugged at the end but obviously someone who has done this at home will know the process.

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    thanks for the duty of care bud i asked if anyone knows how to do it and is willing to share the process, if you do not how to do it you're better off leaving the reply to someone who does, and if you do know i would love to know !

the hoses on the brakes are solid so will be difficult to clamp and perhaps need to be plugged at the end but obviously someone who has done this at home will know the process.
    No need for smart arse remarks, you're talking about doing something that if not done correctly could cause a catastrophe......bud.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    No need for smart arse remarks, you're talking about doing something that if not done correctly could cause a catastrophe......bud.
    You’re spot on.

are you talking about urself bud noone asked for duty of care im asking what the process is for taking of these brakes in particular.

apart from that nothing else needs to be explained to you forum cop.

No one is going to help you now even if they felt inclined to have done it before. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    No one is going to help you now even if they felt inclined to have done it before. Have a good day.

but it's night time

I got this in a PM from the op in this thread

>hey bud is there a way to clamp the brake line ?

im feeling you have to drain it alltogether or cap it at the end somehow to stop it emptying.<

Silence is my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I got this in a PM from the op in this thread

>hey bud is there a way to clamp the brake line ?

im feeling you have to drain it alltogether or cap it at the end somehow to stop it emptying.<

Silence is my reply.

is that good forum etiquette , id be more than happy to paste what you've written to me in PM if thats how it goes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast