Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 145TSI

Have really enjoyed this thread, especially owning a 110tsi myself. I have the Supernova headlights and it really improves the look of the car. I've got some tail lights on the way too. I'm just out of warranty now so have been thinking about tuning my car . Im in Perth so unfortunately Harding Performance isn't an option for me. I have a Bluefin tuning device and may just go with them . Now that you've had the tune for while, have you had any issues at all due to the tune? My car is a DSG so I'm also concerned about that as I've already had to replace two clutch packs due to clutch squeal.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The tune has been perfect so far, 300NM may be a little bit too much for a stock manual clutch, so I am expecting to upgrade the clutch at some point in the next few years. Sachs makes a performance manual clutch for the 1.4TSI Golfs.

For the DSG, the TCU tune is pretty good. Have a read through the HP link Harding Performance/TVS DSG Software - 7 speed DQ200 - Harding Performance for the benefits and features. With that done, I'd have no hesitation in doing an engine tune on a DQ200 equipped car. In fact both things will be done to my other daughter's A1 as soon as possible.

I believe there are HP affiliated dealers in Perth ... found this:
    Eurocare
    69 Burswood Road
    Burswood, WA 6100
    Phone: (0 9355 2712
    Email: eurocare@iinet.net.au

Bluefin has historically been a "safer" choice in that their tunes were not as aggressive as other tuners. This means less power though, but could be a cheaper option.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Thanks Sharpie, I appreciate the feedback! The DSG tune sounds very good and must have if I go forward with tuning the car.

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, I'm starting to work on a 110tsi sleeper as well at the moment.

I have a 2020 Golf Mk7.5 1.4 TSI Highline.

I'm going for full sleeper though. It will look 100% stock. I'll make a thread about it once I get a few things done, but wanted to say a big thank you for sharing, I'm so glad that others are thinking and doing this too so it's not a path completely untraveled. Very hard to find parts for the 110tsi.

"300NM may be a little bit too much for a stock manual clutch"
    This is what I've heard too, there is an upgrade however. I'm looking into this.
    Last edited by lmart; 14-10-2020 at 12:27 AM.

I have loved playing with the 110TSI, such a sleeper that once tuned gets into the mid 6s 0-100.

My 110TSI is actually a tiny bit faster than the Amarok (that has over 200kw but weighs 1900kg) which was fun to discover

The DQ200 DSG box (As in the Highline) can handle up to 420NM once tuned, so a tuned 110TSI is not going to impact on it, probably will make it quite fun.

I may be inching close to 150kw with the new turbo intake pipe from MST that removes the last of the restrictions on the way into the turbo. In Europe there are also hybrid turbos for the 1.4TSI which with a custom tune gets it closer to 160kw. I'm unlikely to go that route, but who knows
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I may be inching close to 150kw with the new turbo intake pipe from MST that removes the last of the restrictions on the way into the turbo. In Europe there are also hybrid turbos for the 1.4TSI which with a custom tune gets it closer to 160kw. I'm unlikely to go that route, but who knows
    My tuner told me that there's a revo Stage 2 Tune they're working on for the 1.4L that should be out mid-2021 and involves a turbo upgrade. Definitely going for that when that comes out.

The DQ200 DSG box (As in the Highline) can handle up to 420NM once tuned, so a tuned 110TSI is not going to impact on it, probably will make it quite fun.
    Ahh, Gotcha. I must've missed reading your car was the manual.

My Golf saw the dealer for its final (and only) dealer service today. Stage 1 tune is booked in for the 22nd, and new downpipes (hopefully) and exhaust (definitely) coming shortly after.

I'm very lucky to have some good places nearby to get this work done here in Country Vic, as Melbourne is closed off to us.

I'm not chasing any looks, in fact I want to keep the fake exhaust look lol. I'll make myself a proper thread once work starts so I don't interrupt here too much. But wanted to say thanks again for your thread as its a huge help to myself.
    Last edited by lmart; 16-10-2020 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lmart View Post

Ahh, Gotcha. I must've missed reading your car was the manual.
    I do have the manual. Just figured that since you have a Highline it will be a DSG, so the DSG tune applies to you.

I have loved playing with the 110TSI, such a sleeper that once tuned gets into the mid 6s 0-100.

My 110TSI is actually a tiny bit faster than the Amarok (that has over 200kw but weighs 1900kg) which was fun to discover

If you drive with a light foot approach to your driving, can you achieve similar economy to stock?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gh172 View Post
    If you drive with a light foot approach to your driving, can you achieve similar economy to stock?

On my tuned 118tsi I get better than factory economy if I drive carefully
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    On my tuned 118tsi I get better than factory economy if I drive carefully
    Good to hear, thanks!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast