Support VWWC

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 145TSI

Users Country Flag

Stg 1 OEM tune

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Not a lot of love for the lower spec Golfs on this forum ..... that is a bit surprising as I think the lower Golfs are such good cars.

I bought a new 110TSI Trendline Manual a year ago now as a general run-around (mainly because the Mustang is so ridiculously heavy on fuel ) It is to become my daughters car at the end of this year, so was restricted to P plate friendly models and no DSG in a base Golf .... ever!

Anyway, after a year of truly enjoyable and trouble free motoring, its become time to spice it up a bit. Some mods are finally happening The goal was to get to 150kw (150TSI) but it looks like I'll be restricted to 145kw only ....

So, stock 110TSI

Attachment 42380

Stg 1 OEM+ tune resulted in 138kw/290NM ... Thanks to Guy at HP and their Christmas sale!

Attachment 42381

Forge Motorsport Diverter Valve fitted (sadly no performance increase, just silly blow-off valve noises .... which I like)

Attachment 42379

MST CAI fitted claimed 7kw/10NM in it) resulting in my target of 145kw/300NM.

Attachment 42415

Still to do:

GTI rear silencer to be fitted once I've sourced 1 and the necessary rear valance. (chasing sound and looks).

Some 17/18" wheels .... ideally GTI wheels in 18

At ~145kw/300NM I'm about matching the MK5/MK6 GTIs and in a 110TSI that results in quite a nice daily driver.

What did the stg 1 tune entail, for example if I went to a tuner what should I ask for to get the same tune with the similar results?

Users Country Flag
    and @sharkie, I have a few more question's do you have an email. I can send them through to so its a bit more of an easier discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nic GEORGIEVSKI View Post
    and @sharkie, I have a few more question's do you have an email. I can send them through to so its a bit more of an easier discussion
    Nic best to ask the questions here so that everyone else benefits from the discussion. Only reasons to take it offline is if there’s private information that you don’t want made public.

That way it’s a resource for other people later who may have same questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Hi Sharkie, do you by any chance happen to have the 7.5 gti exhaust still, I have a 110tsi 7speed dsg and want to do the gti valance like you have done to yours, and pair it with the gti exhaust.
    Either that or I’m looking at getting my local exhaust shop to do a custom 2.5 inch res or non res cat back.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by azza13 View Post
    Hi Sharkie, do you by any chance happen to have the 7.5 gti exhaust still, I have a 110tsi 7speed dsg and want to do the gti valance like you have done to yours, and pair it with the gti exhaust.
    Either that or I’m looking at getting my local exhaust shop to do a custom 2.5 inch res or non res cat back.
    Sorry the stock GTI exhaust is gone.

For your MK7.5, you have to get a MK7.5 GTI rear valance to go twin outlets. I were unable to find any for a MK7.5 anywhere aftermarket, so you will need to either go to VW spare parts or to a wrecker. NOTE .... MK7 does not fit.

Stock exhaust is 2.25" and the GTI exhaust is 2.5" so a bit of an upgrade there. Custom and any aftermarket MK7.5 GTI exhaust will fit once you have the valance. I have a MK7.5 GTI Supersprint (from the UK) fitted to the 110. It sounds awesome.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

So, coming close to the end of this project now (not selling the car, just enjoying it for where it is at).

Sourced a decent set of 18" MK7 GTI wheels and have tyres incoming .... went for Pirelli DragonSports in 225-40-18.

Project 145TSI-gti-wheels-jpg

Also, ordered the MK7.5 LED headlights from SuperNova, expected mid October I'm told.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Nice little updates Sharkie. The Mk7 GTI wheels will look good on the TSI, the Dragon Sport tyres are a good tyre (I had them on my previous Subaru) good grip, quiet etc. And the headlights will do wonders for the looks on the front end.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for getting back to me @sharkie, yeah I’ve sourced a mk 7.5 gti valance for $300 new just looking at a mk7.5 axle back on eBay to fit to give it a bit of a sports sound without sounding to ricey, or go custom 2.5 inch catback. Either way it will be a improvement over the stock.
    Where did you get the mst intake from? And would you recommend it over sticking a pod filter in the box.
    I know you were chasing 150kw, I was thinking of tuning mine but with the dreaded dq200 box I think I’ll pass.

MST intake direct from MST. You can go open pod style for better sound 2015 VW Golf Mk7 1.4 Tsi Cold Air Intake System (VW-MK706L) or closed pod 2015 VW Golf Mk7 1.4 Tsi Cold Air Intake System (VW-MK7

It is sold out at the moment but will be back in stock. I am waiting to buy another 1 for the A1.

The DSG with a tune on the gearbox ECU is actually fine for an engine tune. Lots of options out there for both, though I'd recommend Harding Performance for both.

DSG Tune Harding Performance/TVS DSG Software - 7 speed DQ200 - Harding Performance

Engine TuneHarding Performance ECU Software - 1.4 TSI MQB - Harding Performance

Note that you cannot fit a pod filter in the stock airbox, there simply is no space in there for anything but a flat panel filter.

Also, the intake actually make more noise (good noise too) than an exhaust.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast