Thread: Pressure Accumulator Replacement Golf 7.5 - Complain to VW Australia?

Pressure Accumulator Replacement Golf 7.5 - Complain to VW Australia?

Hi All

I have a 2018 Golf 7.5 Tsi, a few days ago i lost drive and the dash flashed "gearbox error drive on" i had to turn off and switch on again to regain drive. it then started doing it intermittently.

Took it to dealer and they advise the pressure accumulator has failed after 40,000ks and needs to be replaced at $1,800 including labour !

pretty bad that a car that only just 4 years old and done low k's needs this work.

Do you think VW Australia should cover the cost?

thanks

Yes VW absolutely should cover it but whether they will is another story. Your best bet is to check what warranty you have on the car as some 2018 delivered VWs had a 5 year warranty. In the latter half of 2018 VW dealers offered a 5 year factory warranty on new car purchases, ahead of the official launch of VW's 5 year new car warranty in Jan 2019. I think it was for new cars registered from about August 2018 onwards - my Oct 2018 delivered VW has the 5 year warranty, whereas my wife's August 2018 delivered had 3 years warranty. You should contact VW Australia with the VIN to find out.
    Failing that if you have a VW dealer service history then I reckon you would have reasonable chance of pushing for some form of goodwill coverage of the costs. It is unlikely they would cover all of it but they might cover the labour costs and have you foot the bill for the part.
    Last edited by ABCD; 06-05-2022 at 09:52 AM.

it only had a three year warranty as was April 2018. The says he will try to get a goodwill payment from VW. Hopefully he can otherwise i migh tneed to contact them myself

there were a couple of recalls affecting the dsg accumulator. check it out on the vw website with your vin number.
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    there were a couple of recalls affecting the dsg accumulator. check it out on the vw website with your vin number.
    This Is a fancy name for the oil pump in the bottom of the gearbox and is different to the mechatronic fault. Was a recall for Polos as well as we had ours done free well out of warranty and its VIN wasnt in the recall list I found.
    Apparently is about 6 hour job.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan