Thread: Power fold side mirror install - How do I check door modules?

Users Country Flag

Power fold side mirror install - How do I check door modules?

Hi folks

I have a 2018 mk7.5 GTI, and I am wanting to install power fold side mirrors (w/o blind spot monitoring). I understand these will only works on cars with certain door modules. Wondering if anyone knows a way of checking what door modules the car has without removing the door trim?

Cheers
    Jordan

Users Country Flag

@JordoPordo: Hi

I assume that you don't personally own a diagnostic cable like VCDS, OBD11, or VCP. If so, go to the part of the forum HERE and request the services of a colleague who lives close-by and who does have such a cable. You might be asked to pay a nominal fee for the assistance.

The scan report that results from one of these cables will identify the Part/Software number of the door modules

Don

PS: If you proceed with the project, most likely you will need access to a diagnostic cable (for the necessary coding changes to the new modules) - so the relationship that you will create with the forum colleague will be advantageous in this part of the exercise
    Last edited by DV52; 18-06-2021 at 11:16 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.