Support VWWC

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5

Users Country Flag

Mine has been working OK now for 6 months, in same manner as Nibose above describes. Still regularly shows the 'limited' error message on the AID screen, but no other permanent error messages logged/saved.

Users Country Flag
    What if we set it to "fusion" mode instead of traffic sign detection? I'm trying to get the system work using both maps and camera. How can we also integrate ALG with Dynamic sign assist so that it can automatically slow down, say, at school signs and then resume to the set speed after this zone?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nibose View Post
    What if we set it to "fusion" mode instead of traffic sign detection? I'm trying to get the system work using both maps and camera. How can we also integrate ALG with Dynamic sign assist so that it can automatically slow down, say, at school signs and then resume to the set speed after this zone?

From what I can make out from the OBD11 experts, you cant because our units do NOT have the software to do that. Requires a different manufacturers unit.
    That unit will recognise other signs as well like information signs etc which apparently are not integrated in Aussie maps

ATM it uses what it sees and historic data from the maps as witnessed on my car when it shows old speed zones in which the signs are gone but the data remains in the maps because they are somewhat out of date.

If you change it back to fusion I dont think it will work but am going to try it later today
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-08-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hi HillBilly,

Have not not tried to update the maps? I've downloaded the update file and will attempt to update today evening.

How about the ALG reducing and normalising the speeds based on special signs such as school zones? Has this worked for you?

One more point to note is that resetting the Discovery Pro unit may not suffice but an entire ignition recycle.

Users Country Flag
    Hi HillBilly,

How about the ALG reducing and normalising the speeds based on special signs such as school zones? Has this worked for you?

One more point to note is that resetting the Discovery Pro unit may not suffice but an entire ignition recycle.

What part of my prev posts do you not understand

ALG??????Assisted lane guidance???????

The unit cannot "see" any signs other than speed signs. So no it doesnt and cant work afaik.

We have Continental units and only Bosch units have the required software according to the European Gurus

All you have to do is hold down the off button till it comes on again

I have done at least 12 different codings and they all work

Updating maps wont make any difference I have the latest and it doesnt as the Aus maps do NOT have the required information in them it seems and the units do not have the ability to read other signs.

I dont fully understand the logic but there is over 2000 settings in the vehicle and some in different modules have the same name but are not set the same as what they are in the other module.

I would be very careful trying too much without a back up of the original settings of each module you change the coding in.

I have asked similar questions to you and the above is the answers I have got from them
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-08-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I answer to myself and others I have just changed the settings in Module A5 to Fusion Mode and IT DOESNT WORK. NO SPEED SIGNS WHATEVER

Put it back to roadsign recognition and they show up.

Users Country Flag
    wow.. you seem angry... We're simply brainstorming for a better result.

I have done some research and realise that TSR is mostly meant for speed signs (weather conditions based included) and "no overtaking" signs. Whether it can detect other signs is still in a grey area.

The message we're getting simply means our maps are not adequate for TSR. More details can be found here: Volkswagen Golf Owners Manual - Displays - Traffic sign recognition

So I guess our coding is correct and the system is indeed behaving the way it should!

Users Country Flag
    wow.. you seem angry... We're simply brainstorming for a better result.

I have done some research and realise that TSR is mostly meant for speed signs (weather conditions based included) and "no overtaking" signs. Whether it can detect other signs is still in a grey area.

The message we're getting simply means our maps are not adequate for TSR. More details can be found here: Volkswagen Golf Owners Manual - Displays - Traffic sign recognition

So I guess our coding is correct and the system is indeed behaving the way it should!
    Not angry but I posted why it wouldnt work and You seem to doubt it and ask have I updated the maps, which wont make any difference

None of the pics in your link come up in my car or any others as far as I know..

Remembering ALWAYS that VW manuals are generic worldwide and what is in them doesnt mean it will be in ours

They are in mine as well but dont appear

ONLY SPEED signs are read here AFAIK. No grey areas It either can or it cant and it cant

System is working as well as it can due to map and software limitations.

IF you want more buy Superb or something like that as it seems they have different units that MIGHT work but are probably the Bosch models
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-08-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    The following extract comes from newty (a moderator on the OBD11 forum)- I thought that it might be interesting given the discussion here

"There are 3 operation modes for TSR:
    Electric Horizon - only use navigation data
    Sign recognition - only use camera data (TSR only detects round signs, no city sings, also does not credit turns - so it keeps old limits for a long time until something new is seen)
    Fusion - some algorithms decide what traffic sign is plausible and display that. This is factory default."

Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    The following extract comes from newty (a moderator on the OBD11 forum)- I thought that it might be interesting given the discussion here

"There are 3 operation modes for TSR:
    Electric Horizon - only use navigation data
    Sign recognition - only use camera data (TSR only detects round signs, no city sings, also does not credit turns - so it keeps old limits for a long time until something new is seen)
    Fusion - some algorithms decide what traffic sign is plausible and display that. This is factory default."

Yes the second one works as per Phonebooths instructions

I tried the third today and it doesnt,as thats what it gets changed from to make it work, havent tried the first as happy with what we have.

Do you know the security code for ACC Control unit 13 please

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast