Support VWWC

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rosslm View Post
    Yes there is an warning "Dynamic Road Sign Display currently restricted" message pops up after 1-2 minutes for a few seconds no audible warning. I assume this pops up because the camera cannot lock onto a speed sign, as soon as a speed limit sign is registered it appears on the console. I'm assuming this is normal if a speed sign is not seen within a few minutes of starting. Open to opinion from others if this is consistent with other implementations. It's still better to have the speed displayed than not, I'm not worried about the initial warning.

Attachment 33628
    Thanks for the info!

It would be nice to disable the warning message, however having the speed limit displayed in the AID is worth it for this minor issue, if you can call it that?
    CURRENT: MY18 Lapiz Blue Golf R Wagon - Wolfsburg Edition with Panoramic Roof
    SOLD: MY12.5 United Grey Golf R - DSG, Leather, RNS510, Recode Stage 1 Tune, Focal IFVW, New South Performance Boost Gauge
    SOLD: MY07 Reflex Silver Golf GTI - DSG, Sunroof, Chipped UK ST3 Tune, New South Performance Indigo Gauges, Custom stereo by FHRX Studios

Users Country Flag
    Sure no excuse for speeding in school zone, it indicates 40 kph 24/7 better to be sure
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    this working is dependant on the camera you have fitted from factory
    "Forced induction" sounds like some sort of sexual assault.
    i drive a Golf 7R tuned by APR + exoticars

Users Country Flag
    Does this also work with the multiple driver profiles?
    CURRENT: MY18 Lapiz Blue Golf R Wagon - Wolfsburg Edition with Panoramic Roof
    SOLD: MY12.5 United Grey Golf R - DSG, Leather, RNS510, Recode Stage 1 Tune, Focal IFVW, New South Performance Boost Gauge
    SOLD: MY07 Reflex Silver Golf GTI - DSG, Sunroof, Chipped UK ST3 Tune, New South Performance Indigo Gauges, Custom stereo by FHRX Studios

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone enabled the speed warning on the console, I've set it to 10 kph over limit and noticed even though you still get the initial console warning "Dynamic Road Sign Display currently restricted" it doesn't log an error in the OBDeleven Instrument Cluster Module which it seemed to to before, not a problem but interesting if someone can confirm this.

Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5-2018-04-14_1512-png
    Last edited by rosslm; 14-04-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Ive added this tweek to the Alltrack yesterday as per the instructions and have the same isdues as per this thread with the restricted message, even when driving past a sign that it then picks up.
    I would suggest that there is still an adaption or bit to enable /change somewhere in one of these modules.

i did read elsewhere that the navigation data for Australia with traffic sign info does not work with traffic sign recognition, that is the fusion setting, which will operate much more consistently.

not sure if im going to keep this tweek active, will continue to have play around
    MY18 Golf Alltrack 135tdi - DA pack, SL pack without sunroof, Info pack : tungsten silver

Users Country Flag
    Following the path of the learned folks above, and using the same OBDeleven process, I've just had a go at enabling TSR on a Golf Alltrack TSI premium, March 18 build.

Same result as limiteded above, with the occasional 'restricted' message. No warning/fault symbols on the dash or main screens at all, but when I check further for any faults using OBDeleven, I see the following which seems to correspond with the occurrence of the 'restricted' message:
    Control Unit 13 Active Cruise Control - 'Databus missing message - code U112100 intermittent'.

As noted by limiteded above, seems to point to some additional coding change/s being required to prevent this glitch.

Would be most interested to hear from anyone who may have now figured out a way to overcome this.

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

So which is the final version of the coding that works? I noticed some members got some error messages, does this mean that the adaptive lane guidance / ACC / lane assist will have issues? Will this coding work with VW Golf 7.5? Am based out of Perth, WA, wondering if someone can guide me. I've got my own VCDS cable.

Has someone also tried High Beam Assist?

Cheers & have a great weekend everyone!

Users Country Flag
    Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

I've just coded for traffic sign recognition and it works like a beauty. No error messages, except for the "limited" warning message which is because the system cant read any signs but to rely on the GPS. What caused the dismay was that it only seems to detect the speed signs while I was expecting the system to identify all the signs. Is this the case for others?

Users Country Flag

The limited ........sign is because the units in Aus cars dont have FUSION mode which allows cameras to use data built into the maps.

It can be enabled in a different module but wont work as all that is required is not present.

However it does use some data from maps as mine shows a speed sign where there isnt one but used to be so there must be historic data in the maps somewhere

You can set overspeed to various levels and all it does it put a big sign on the AID and sound a chime. I have mine set so high I never get it.

When you exceed the speed sign limit you will notice a little exclamation mark added to the left side of the icon
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-08-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast