Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone holder

Users Country Flag

Phone holder

Just wondering what Phone holder to get? Quite like this type but I think they may only be suitable for LHD due to the shape? Can anyone confirm this?
    Car phone holder for Volkswagen Golf 7 / 7.5 / Golf MK7 MK7.5 interior modification parts phone stand – Vicedeal

Users Country Flag
    Depends on what you like, but personally that one you have linked to is quite bulky/ugly. Most use the magnetic mounts these days as they are much smaller and dont stand out when not being used. They are also much easier/less fussy to mount and remove your phone. Depending on what you like, some stick to the windscreen, or onto one of the air vents, or use a sticky base and you stick them to one of the gloss plastic panels on the dash.

With the magnetic ones though, you need a compatible phone case so that the magnet has something to attract itself to.

Vent mount: Scosche magicMOUNT vent2 Car Mount | JB Hi-Fi

Sticky mount for windscreen or dash area: Scosche magicMOUNT Original Car Mount | JB Hi-Fi
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    he didnt ask u if u thought its bulky or ugly.. he asked if it suits RHD*... he likes it and its going in his car not urs
    Last edited by amunra; 16-06-2022 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    he didnt ask u if u thought its bulky or ugly.. he asked if it suits RHD*... he likes it and its going in his car not urs
    And you didnt offer one helpful word. Just sticking your nose into someone elses post.

Lucas R usually offers sensible advice/opinions
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Uninformed opinion: Looking at photos of LHD and RHD Golf interiors, at that mount point they look to be functionally similar (the shape of the vents changes slightly, but the centre "pillar" between them looks pretty damned identical in any way that matters for mounting a phone holder).

Your best bet to confirm suitability is to simply contact the seller and ask. If they can't give confirmation, that'd be a good reason in my book to look elsewhere.

Not so uninformed: Just be aware that some of the photos of the installed product are clearly photoshopped - the last four shots have exactly the same background, with just a deepetched photo of the phone holder layered on top. Also note that the phone holder appears to block the hazard light button.

I'd be cautious of that particular product as a result of that photoshopping though. It takes all of about 5 minutes to get real actual install photos, and if they can't be bothered (my guess is you won't get a decent reply to a question regarding RHD suitability either, probably not one that can be trusted any more than my uninformed opinion above anyway)...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    And you didnt offer one helpful word. Just sticking your nose into someone elses post.

heres my helpful words..

check on aliexpress or the internet for the same item at less price it might just be a dropship. also contact the seller to make sure if its RHD suitable .. have it in writing and purchase through paypal incase u get screwed.

Users Country Flag
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 16-06-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Had a similar mount, didnt last long as I had to tighten the ball joint clamp so tight to stop it flopping down, it split. i have galaxy note 10 and it would not stay in the tilted up position.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by messy_smith View Post
    Had a similar mount, didnt last long as I had to tighten the ball joint clamp so tight to stop it flopping down, it split. i have galaxy note 10 and it would not stay in the tilted up position.
    i used to use a magnetic ball holder u 3m the ball to the dashboard and u 3m the seat onto ur phone / case.. they sit together and its very minimal.. nfi what happened to it but it seemed to work well i think i just got over the glue on my dashboard.. ended up using my middle centre console as a phone holder... fits the phone and case perfect like a 2nd screen.. gotta love when ur technology mates up like nightrider
    Last edited by amunra; 16-06-2022 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

You have never ever done that have you? You get the grumpy old man award of the year on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast