Thread: Part identification on Golf 7.5 GTI

Users Country Flag

Part identification on Golf 7.5 GTI

Hi all.

Just after some knowledge to see if anybody can identify this part from my golf.
    I had an accident in it and off it went to the panel beaters.

When I picked the car up I noticed there was a part on the floor behind the driver's seat and was hoping to identify it. I spoke to the panel beater and he was more than willing to sort it out but I just want to see where it came from.

I don't want to take the car to him and they say they fixed it but end up throwing the rogue part in the bin.

Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    To me it looks like the ratchet mechanism for the seatbelt height adjustment???
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Oh right. I see how it can be now that you mention it. I'll check in the morning to see if the adjustment works.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    You are 100% correct. I spoke to the panel beater and he said it was the old one. Apparently, when they are in an accident they release (sounded something like that) and that was the old one.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by coasta007 View Post
    You are 100% correct. I spoke to the panel beater and he said it was the old one. Apparently, when they are in an accident they release (sounded something like that) and that was the old one.

Thanks for the update! Good guess on my end!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)