Support VWWC

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag

Thats rubbish 5 years on that gearbox is the warranty been approved by the accc
    Don't let them flim flam you

Users Country Flag
    Our 2013 Mk7 Golf auto developed a judder on hill starts at around 84000kms and one month short of 5 years old. Our VW dealer thought that a software update could clear the fault but when it didn't they replaced the clutch pack and provided a loan car for the two days without any quibbles at all and at no cost to us. The car now drives like new and we are very pleased with both the dealer's and VW's service over this problem.
    The base car warranty is for three years, the transmission is 5 years warranty.
    I should add that this is the only fault we have had on the car.

Users Country Flag
    I had a clutch plate package replaced a few months back, at ~22000km on my 2016 Comfortline....it came back so much smoother.....sadly despite changing the slip joint in the steering it still creaks. I'll ask again when it gets serviced.

I have two identical golf wagons. One has had 2x clutch packs replaced, whereas the other has been fine. Finally the other has developed a slight squeal from 2-3. It was only every other drive, but now quite regular. It's 12 months out of warranty and thought it would be worthwhile contacting VW oz about it, and their reply was that the clutch is only covered under 3 year warranty. After reading previous messages, thought it would be covered, but am now confused. Can anyone shed any light on this.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI_PAPA View Post
    I have two identical golf wagons. One has had 2x clutch packs replaced, whereas the other has been fine. Finally the other has developed a slight squeal from 2-3. It was only every other drive, but now quite regular. It's 12 months out of warranty and thought it would be worthwhile contacting VW oz about it, and their reply was that the clutch is only covered under 3 year warranty. After reading previous messages, thought it would be covered, but am now confused. Can anyone shed any light on this.
    I’d put it on them for a warranty replacement. Use the words “statutory warranty” and see how you go. It’s a known issue. If no joy escalate the issue to VW Aus and tell the dealer you plan to do this.

I have a March 15 built 103tsi highline. Bought as a demo March 16 1991kms on it.
    I had done 160k virtually trouble free motoring as far as the dsg goes.. within the first year of driving car I had an intermittent fault message something along the lines of
    “Error shift to P and take to workshop”
    Which was kind of bad advice when car was moving 😂 never really bothered me much..
    This was apparently linked to the gear selector mechanism which I had replaced under warranty. Haven’t had message pop up since.

Roughly 12 to 18mths of driving I would get a squeaky noise between shifts, usually 2nd to 3rd I’m pretty sure.. when driving sedately with boost sort of half mast. Never under hard shifting. As I’m aware it’s usually the softer more gradual, slower gear changes that cause the most friction and wear..

At about 160k I had mechatronics unit fail. I was actually commenting about the squeaking noise to a passenger at the time before hand and was trying to re-enact the noise.. with great success it appears..
    I thought I munched the gearbox, was half way round turning out of an intersection probably in second in drive then a bit of a “thud” then free revving I’m pretty sure it went into neutral..?? Then I think I was in first.. car refused to shift to second revved pretty high then grudgingly went to 3rd..

Anyway had to drive home with gears 1 - 3 - 5
    NO REVERSE

It was actually pretty driveable lol. Took a bit of getting used to manual shifting 1st to 3rd.. sat
    On 105 instead of 110 because revs were higher in 5th no 6 or 7.

I have a question for anyone that knows about what goes on at dealerships???

Would they replace clutch pack as well as mechatronics unit? And just tell me it was mechatrinics unit?? The noise seemed
    Like a clutch problem but I didn’t get a clutch replaced just the dsg brain

And the squeak is gone now... ?
    Sort of wondering if one day down the track I might have a clutch go on me..

YouTube

Also makes this noise from 1st to second under half throttle, is worse on slight uphill

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2015 Highline with 45k on it, lately its been making a odd noise reversing, turns out its needs a clutch pack. Lucky for me, my dealer is doing under Good Will and wont cost me anything other then the loan car for a few days. I'm glad I took it in now, I knew something just wasn't right.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherJ View Post
    I have a 2015 Highline with 45k on it, lately its been making a odd noise reversing, turns out its needs a clutch pack. Lucky for me, my dealer is doing under Good Will and wont cost me anything other then the loan car for a few days. I'm glad I took it in now, I knew something just wasn't right.
    I hope you didn’t give them the impression you were grateful.
    I’d be right p*ssed?

Users Country Flag

Look I've been pretty lucky, I haven't had many issues with this car up and till early this year. My last problem earlier in the year was just as my warranty expired and VW paid for the fix, now there paying for this one. Not ideal for anyone to have problems and hopefully I don't have anymore but at least it isn't costing me anything yet....

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast