Support VWWC

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag

So an update.....After calling 4 times someone FINALLY got back to me. The guy was quite gruff for a customer service person but said that if I book it in to be done, he will THEN submit the claim so that VW can respond. So while I was waiting they were doing NOTHING....

Anywho.....he will call me back Monday to confirm if VW approved the replacement at their cost....fingers crossed.....he did say its quite likely given its only a few weeks out of warranty....

BCK, seeing the same thing and saw it after about 2500 kms as well.

It was supposed to no longer be a thing with the revised gearbox but it looks like the sales person was mistaken when I was sold the car.

Fun times ahead!

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone with the 7 speeder noticing any difference in the revs as you modulate the brake pressure?

I had a Skoda 132 for a couple of days. If you didn't press the brake hard enough, when stationary, the clutches would stay engaged. As the pedal was pressed harder the revs would drop from 1000 to 800 when the clutch fully disengaged. It doesn't seem to do it on our 6 speeder, but it made me wonder how many people slip these clutches, unwittingly, at the lights.

My impression was that auto hold was partly invented to fix this issue - auto hold (or stop/ start for that matter) won't kick in unless you push the brake hard enough to disengage the clutch. If you switch off both you can slip all day...
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Even though the engine speed is temporarily increased to 1000 RPM in anticipation of forward drive, it doesn't necessarily mean the clutch is being engaged, partially or otherwise - unless someone can prove to the contrary.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    BCK, seeing the same thing and saw it after about 2500 kms as well.

It was supposed to no longer be a thing with the revised gearbox but it looks like the sales person was mistaken when I was sold the car.

Fun times ahead!

Why listen to sales people? They aren't technical usually. The only way to know if things changed are via part numbers on the clutches for the most part.

Users Country Flag
    Mother in law just had her clutches replaced under warranty in her 2012 90TSI, would clunk loudly on downshift randomly and be in 7th gear before getting to the other side of the intersection at normal acceleration, driving like a pig while doing it too.
    Has around 80,000km on it, ex rental, which she didn't find out till she had it a few days.

Mates just had his 118 TSI melt a piston, I'm kinda wondering if it was a good idea buying our MY11 GTI with DSG, I know the boxes are fine in them apparently, but these cars seem to be ****boxes with all the issues people complain about here.

I'll end up going back into a semi low tech late 90's Jap car again !
    My 02 Pathfinder is trouble free, and same for our HR31 Skyline.

Users Country Flag
    Relax. Gti is fine. The 118tsi however is seemingly hit and miss. I don't know if it's like that because of the sheer number of 1.4 TSI engines sold or not but generally any forum you go that's VW group related has threads about engine trouble.

The dq200 is seemingly another problematic piece of equipment but since the recall the number of complaints on here has dropped considerably.

Users Country Flag
    Update - The service centre got back to me and said that VW will cover the full cost of parts and labour even thought its out of warranty....so thats $1,800 saved....quite happy about that....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by savitar View Post
    Update - The service centre got back to me and said that VW will cover the full cost of parts and labour even thought its out of warranty....so thats $1,800 saved....quite happy about that....
    Nice Christmas gift that.

Users Country Flag

Isn't the warranty extended to something like 10 years now?

Drove my mother in laws 90 TSI with newly installed clutchpacks yesterday, clunked on downshift a few times, but that was from low speed- getting up to 3rd then stopping. For a turbocharged car, it's surprisingly slow, my Pathfinder would give it a good run, I'd hate to see the 77 tsi !

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast