Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag

The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Hi All,
    A number of times over the last few days I have noticed a squealing sound coming from my Golf when moving off from a standstill.
    It only happens until it moves into 2nd gear, so maybe a second.
    Sounds to me like the clutch is slipping.

Anyway, had it in yesterday for the EPB update and had them have a look at it.
    End result, car is booked in in a fortnight for a new gearbox.
    Will keep this thread updated.

Anyone else had something similar?
    I've read about a few GTIs in Europe that have had a similar sound caused by the dual mass flywheel.

Edit: Forgot to add this is a 6 month old Comfortline with 6500 kms on it. Purchased new.

Have seen the clutches cause this As the bearing is onboard in there. Hopefully the box fixes it!!

Oh dear... a replacement gearbox already? Sorry to hear.

Not sure whether the owner should be pleased that they didn't have to fight tooth and nail for a resolution of some sort, or disappointed that Volkswagen have yet to resolve issues with the DQ200 gearbox.

(Perhaps this is a new fault related to the MQB platform? I don't know).

Anyway, I'm sure the new gearbox will serve you better this time 'round, and hopefully, resolve the issue.

Users Country Flag
    +1 on the sentiments above, given the platforms been out for a year now it's been fairly quiet on that front.

Trouble is even if it's a rare issue, because it's VW and DSG it's going to get magnified ten fold.

Best of luck with the repairs, fingers crossed it solves the problem.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

I had the squeal from take off which was very intermittent. Happened one day a couple of times then went quiet for a few weeks, then would occur once and go quiet again. Anyway, had the clutches replaced two days ago at about 9,700kms
    MY 14 Golf MK7 90TSI DSG Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    I also hear a squeal when I hit the throttle hard, but have just assumed it was the turbo =/

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Bru20vt - glad to hear you had no issues getting it sorted either.
    Not sure why it takes 2 days to replace the clutches/box, but I'm glad they've volunteered to do it without any arguments.

Bit concerned hearing of others with the same issues at such low kms though!

Users Country Flag
    It's a fairly major job to change the whole gearbox unit over, but my experience is they tend to be conservative with their time estimates generally (well at least here they are anyway).

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

All this reading about the dq200. Almost seams silly to buy a dry clutch dsg... Regardless of what model the vw is. Glad I got a 6 speed wet clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag

The warranty on our 118 ran out in March 2013... We've had the gearbox recall done, but do suffer from gearbox shudder as mentioned in this thread.

Is the shudder actually damaging to the gearbox/clutch or just an annoyance?

I feel VW won't cover any fix unless we pay as the car is now outside of warranty.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast