Support VWWC

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

take it into the dealer and get them to check it. they know what they are listening for.

Users Country Flag
    Warranty on drive train extended to five years, do take up issue with VW as is under warranty. See web see for confirmation.
    Incite Insight - Go on!

Users Country Flag

MY14 Golf DSG problems

Had my Mk 7 Golf for nearly a year.
    A few months ago started to hear a squeal type noise just on the take up point on the gear change.
    It would be exactly the same as a thrust bearing fault in a manual gearbox.
    Only occurs after heavy city driving. Does not occur every time.
    ALSO just in the last week the gearbox has failed to select a gear and just revved.
    This was at slow speed both times and changing from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4.
    Took it to Vw today for its first service and nothing showed up on the fault log.
    To their credit they have organised to keep the car for a week, give me a loaner to check it out thoroughly.
    Anyone else with a problem?

Users Country Flag
    Just out of curiosity, were you using the car in Eco mode of the driver profile select?

Users Country Flag
    Yes it was in Eco mode

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Trying to report a "squeal" at the moment after ~20,000km - it has been happening for a while, but usually only after commuting into the CBD, and not always. Difficulty has been in repeating it. Basically happens in first on take off, and worse if I start off slow going up hill - as in bumper to bumper traffic. Occassionally hear a squeak in 3rd if it squealed in 1st.

I now have a poor quality sound recording (from my phone) that I'm taking to the dealer shortly (emailing it failed as they couldn't listen to an iPhone recording).

Users Country Flag
    so we've gone from clutch shudder to clutch squeal now . . .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz 55 View Post
    Yes it was in Eco mode
    When you mentioned the gear box failed to select a gear and just revved it sounded familiar.

My first mk7 Golf suffered power loss on two occasions, engine running fine but no transmission to the wheels and both occasions whilst in Eco mode, never occurred on normal, sport or custom settings.

When coasting in Eco mode - pressing the accelerator the engine revved freely with no load and there was no transmission of power to the wheels, I rolled for about 20-30m before the transmission engaged the wheels again, pressing the accelerator on/off the whole time.

I think it is a system / controller issue rather than a gearbox fault, more a bug which is why diagnostics wont pick it up but who knows
    Last edited by BFPO40; 30-07-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Users Country Flag

Latest update: Took the service crew 2 days to replicate the squealing sound. Will get my replacement clutches installed tomorrow. This time, the service advisor seems to be familiar with the problem. Maybe I wasn't the first one to complain about it at the service centre. Thankfully all my warranty claims are successful so far.
    MY14 Golf Mk7 90TSi Comfortline DSG

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast