Support VWWC

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag

Yup i have had a 6 speed wet for nearly 10 years a tdi golf now in my daughter's hands no issues with it at all
    I have the newer 7 speed dq381 in my tdi Alltrack with a tuned motor and after 18 months its still bulletproof
    They are very reliable if you service them every 60 thousand kilometres its not cheap as the oil is expensive but it must be done to ensure reliability

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    2015 103TSI, 2nd gear shudder. Went in for its 70k service, confirmed needs new clutch pack. $2,300

Also, water pump gasket leaking, $230, and window switch needs replacement as it's losing signal, ~$300

Requested goodwill from VW. Now we play the waiting game.
    Goodwill came back 100% for all faults. Now to wait for the clutch pack from Singapore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    Goodwill came back 100% for all faults. Now to wait for the clutch pack from Singapore.

That was fortunate, our MY14 Golf (end of 2013 build) which had around 50,000 kms on it had a leaking water pump last year and they only covered 45% on the price of the pump and no labour. We ended up paying $576 for the water pump fitted. They did cover 100% parts and labour on the DSG clutches however.

Halogen headlights with manufacturing fault they would only cover 45% of the parts price so I'm looking at alternatives.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    That was fortunate, our MY14 Golf (end of 2013 build) which had around 50,000 kms on it had a leaking water pump last year and they only covered 45% on the price of the pump and no labour. We ended up paying $576 for the water pump fitted. They did cover 100% parts and labour on the DSG clutches however.

Halogen headlights with manufacturing fault they would only cover 45% of the parts price so I'm looking at alternatives.
    Ouch, I think a combination of having only VW touch my car for servicing and being less than 12 months out of warranty helped my case. I have done 75k km tho...

Have you tried the wreckers?

Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Not sure if this is the correct spot, but here goes.

What is the general feeling on DQ200 reliability on newer VAG cars? That is, in the last year or so.

General forum (here and US/UK) perusal suggests lots of issues, but most seem to be on cars several years old at least. Which may point to wear and tear related issues. But I'm wondering if more recent versions of this 'box are better. The link below suggests the DQ200 has been continually upgraded and improved. So is it now trustworthy?
    Common Faults in the 7-Speed DSG Automatic Transmission | AxleAddict

Forum mods, please move if this is the wrong forum for this question.

Cheers
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    General forum (here and US/UK) perusal suggests lots of issues, but most seem to be on cars several years old at least. Which may point to wear and tear related issues.
    You'd want your gearbox to give you 0 issues within 'several years' of ownership. DQ200 just has a bad stigma to it - personally I'd stay away.

The good thing is that with a 5 year warranty, you can take it back as many times as you need to get it fixed !
    RS
    R

Am I right in thinking that in the more recent versions of the DQ200, the vast majority of issues seem to relate to (what I would consider premature) wear and tear on the clutch packs? Replacement at ~50-75k seems relatively common with this 'box. Can any users/owners of DQ200-fitted cars verify this?
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

I have a MY18 Golf R. Great car and gearbox in general.

I have a question about DSG behaviour when I first start the car in cold conditions. When I start moving, the car shudders slightly (like you're at the friction point in a manual). However, it doesn't happen again until the next cold start (it's perfect when driving normally and it has warmed up). Is this normal for the DQ381 gearbox?

I only get that feeling when I start off reversing up a decent slope (which I rarely do from a cold start), and it feels more like the clutch is starting to engage and push against the auto-brake, as soon as the brake releases and we start to move it goes away. MY18 Golf R wagon DQ381 7 speed DSG
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I only get that feeling when I start off reversing up a decent slope (which I rarely do from a cold start), and it feels more like the clutch is starting to engage and push against the auto-brake, as soon as the brake releases and we start to move it goes away. MY18 Golf R wagon DQ381 7 speed DSG
    Thanks gregozedobe. I'll try disabling the auto-brake and giving it another go. Otherwise, I'll assume it's because the gearbox hasn't warmed up yet and I'm driving slow to avoid an obstacle as I leave my car park space.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast