Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Good point, appreciate the advice!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gh172 View Post
    I have a 110tsi R-Line and have started getting an intermittent thud when taking off in first gear. It first happened only once about a month ago but has now happened 3 times in the lat two days. Is it worth taking it back to the dealer now or should I wait until it starts happening more frequently?

I had a 92TSI. Started to develop a squeal on gear changes at about 11,000km- anyone who has owned a Ducati will recognise the dry clutch squeal - so I took it in early for its 15000km service. Clutch pack needed replacement (under warranty). Seems to be disturbingly common on the dry clutch 7 speed DSG boxes, but significantly less so on the wet clutch 6 speed versions.

Traded that car on the R. Have the 5 year warranty on the R so fingers crossed no issues with it.

I agree that you should get the fault registered as soon as possible with the dealer. If the car is under warranty, I expect they will replace it as a warranty claim, as they did not even bat an eyelid with mine. Parts were in stock - has to tell you something...

Mine is a MY16 car with 18000 k's. I hoped the transmission issues would be a thing of the past by now.

Users Country Flag
    Mine is a MY16 car with 18000 k's. I hoped the transmission issues would be a thing of the past by now.

Hard to imagine it being less costly to repair them than to design one that actually worked. Maybe wet clutches across the range would be better...

Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    Hard to imagine it being less costly to repair them than to design one that actually worked. Maybe wet clutches across the range would be better...
    Yeah, I agree. I think if I had my time again I would go for the TDI with the wet clutch DSG gearbox.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, I agree. I think if I had my time again I would go for the TDI with the wet clutch DSG gearbox.

No more dry clutch DSG for me either. It would be interesting if these issues plague Skoda and the other VAG variants that also use that same gearbox.

As their volume seller you would think VW would get it right. It is damaging the brand and they have enough self inflicted causes already...

Two clutches and a gearbox replaced all under warranty at only 53,000 kms. I wish I had purchased a manual - VW never again.
    MY 14 Golf MK7 90TSI DSG Night Blue

Well I just read most of the posts from page one till the end.

I have a 103 tsi Highline R-Line wagon 2015 model. Not sure when it was manufactured though.

At 4000kms I got the gearbox grind or shutter noise as most call it.

Took it and they replaced the clutch packs.

Now at almost 14000kms and no issues.

The reason for the noise apparently as told by the head Mechanic "quote: the mk6 had an issue with sticky clutch so vw upgraded it which was also used on the mk7. However the sticky clutch issue was gone and the new one created another problem with noise generated during gear shifting like it's slipping. The gearbox doesn't have a fault and the clutch isn't faulty. The noise is caused from the material used on the new clutch due to friction when changing gears. The latest clutch has different material which vw states they have solved the issues"

The above was what I was told. And to be honest I'm no Mechanic and don't understand much about this sort of stuff. The issue hasn't repeated itself and it's been 10000kms since the repair.

Let's hope it stays this way.

If you experience the issue...take it in ASAP. Ask for a courtesy car as it will take a good day or two before you get it back.
    Last edited by R_LINE; 02-11-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Just got the father in laws golf done.

Mk7 golf tsi , trendline 1.4 auto. Purchased new in '13 and 35k on the clock. Shuddering into 2nd severely under medium and harder throttle.
    He had it "fixed" last week (new DSG clutch and associated bits) so lets see whats what.
    By the way , what actually IS the fix ? I dont want the old fella going thru this nonsense in another 30k.

Users Country Flag

There is no fix as yet as I understand it.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast