Support VWWC

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    DSG should be seemless if working correctly and you're right about the sports style of driving .......that's just different timing and holding gears.
    A 'dumping the clutch' feeling is a fault signal.
    that's what i'm worrying about. but it only happened once or twice under manual model and high rev changing between 1st and 2nd, nothing for D or S.

no weird sound to mine but a heavy stall feeling exactly like a high rev gear changing in a manual car. Will that be 1st gear is actually for a start so DSG is designed not to put too much power on 1st, force it close to redline with manual will probably causing the stalling??? i guess that explains why DSG often changes early from 1st to 2nd in D or S. these was just my guessing anyway.

i agree with RMBB which such a high-tech box should prevent this from happening by picking the perfect time to engage clutch.

Users Country Flag
    I don't think it happened when my S3 still stock.
    After apr stage1, that's a hesitate from 1st to 2nd in S/D under full throttle launch. It's better in manual mode.
    MK1 Golf convertible

Hey all

haven't got a conclusion so far on the issue, heading to dealership for 1000km checking this week, will bring this to them see what they say. assuming they will send me away with a "normal for a DSG" as nothing actually breaks down yet, but worth a try.

it happens less often now, it's just wired sometime it's smooth like a baby from 1st to 2nd but sometimes the car jerk like a manual car freshman dumping the clutch, all in manual mode, nothing spotted under D or S at this stage. will keep you guys updated.

my other concern is should i have APR stage1? since my car might potentially has a DSG issue (hope i'm overreacting~), should i better just keep it stock for the sake of warranty? but you never know when it's gonne occur, in that case i may will have to remain stock for the rest while i'm keeping this car,which sucks. Anyone with DSG and stage 1 that is running OK, please enlighten me here. much thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lcy2004vip View Post
    Hi All

Had my Mk7 GTI for over a week now. enjoyed it, a lot! However, I've noticed when i accelerate hard from 1st gear in manual mode, shift in second gear at about 5000-6000rpm, the car jerks like i am shifting a manual car. Then from 2nd to 3rd and 4th are much smooth no jerking at all. The car is all stock, 200km on clock, DCC set in normal most of the time.

Although it is great a DSG has the feeling like shifting a manual car, but i was worrying about it might damage the gearbox. Does anyone else has the similar issue?
    Last edited by lcy2004vip; 20-06-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Back from the dealership, no surprise "we couldn't find anything wrong, see you at your first service!!$$$$$". The stall happens between 1st and 2nd gear under manual mode now happens every start-up or the other. I am start to accept the idea of this is normal since this is actually a manual car, but still can't figure why sometime it's so smooth up-shifting from 1st with paddle when i'm expecting a "clutch dumping" feeling. any other gears, no issues at all.

Do you think you can upload a video for us to see ?
    RS
    R

i will try to get a video, for the dealership too, gonne have to take half day to drive and recording since it doesn't happen all the time.

Users Country Flag
    My 2013 Golf DSG started getting shudder in 2nd gear, either upshifting or downshifting. Took it into Norris VW in Brisbane for diagnosis and will be getting the clutches replaced next week. They also diagnosed the waste gate actuator had excessive play (sounded like the waste gate rattle issue but louder) so they are replacing that as well. 2 day job. All being done under warranty. Pretty happy with Norris VW workshop service.

I have a 110tsi R-Line and have started getting an intermittent thud when taking off in first gear. It first happened only once about a month ago but has now happened 3 times in the lat two days. Is it worth taking it back to the dealer now or should I wait until it starts happening more frequently?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gh172 View Post
    I have a 110tsi R-Line and have started getting an intermittent thud when taking off in first gear. It first happened only once about a month ago but has now happened 3 times in the lat two days. Is it worth taking it back to the dealer now or should I wait until it starts happening more frequently?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Its important to register the issue ASAP to cover yourself in the event of a dispute.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast