Support VWWC

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Baz 55 View Post
    Yet anothef DSG bites the dust, Im tipping this is the tip of the iceberg. Would love to know how many mk7 DSGs and or clutches have been repaired or replaced..AND here is the rub MANY of these MK 7s are coming out of warranty!
    Keeping your Golf after three years?. Good luck with that.
    Now I feel as if you are bashing the DSG's and VW's

Are we a bit sour from an experience?
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag
    I sated the VW is the best car I've ever had - ALL other things said about DSG failures were actual incidents from friends and family. (Lots of Dubs in this family) However VW in the past (and present?) have been less than forthright with ongoing issues.
    The diesel scam just goes to show how far they will sink to cover their "marketing".
    MY Golf has had its gearbox replaced and 2 other clutches replaced all under warranty. (Not sure how that can be called sour.)
    However I am left wondering what is going on AND just how much I would trust a gearbox out of warranty.

Users Country Flag
    I would say there is enough evidence across this forum to confirm that a DQ200 Dry clutch DSG is not the most reliable gearbox with approximately 7 in 10 with some of clutch, software or mechatronics issue over the course of the vehicles life.

Your current experience should be a good foundation as to what the characteristics of failure and longevity of the gearbox, UNLESS you have been advised that the design has been completely changed, then i would suggest it would be touch and go, along with taking out some extra warranty at your own risk and expense, but the likelihood of the design changing completely, it is a proven fact that they inherit issues!

The dry box is known to be no good for Australian conditions or start stop traffic.

Dieselgate however has nothing to do with your DSG box or the above mentioned issues, there is another thread on that, and how they are looking to rectify the issues, Deiselgate rectification is OPTIONAL in Australia. If you wish to talk about or bash Dieselgate, feel free to go there.

How about you take the negativity and cease with dragging it on. You know the risks, you know the issues, and you well know that VW know they had released a gearbox that was a huge risk.
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag
    Lol - love the Dieselgate tag. However VW's relationship with customers and press IS related, very closely.
    If VW was a "man" would you be happy with him taking out your daughter ?
    VW lie and cover up truths - of course that's relevant to any discussion with regards to reliability issues.
    I didn't know at the time I purchased by beloved comfortline that I was taking a huge risk - did anyone ?
    I have stated only facts - I'd be very happy for the throngs of MK7 owners to tell me my DSG is great.
    I doubt you would be one of them judging by your comments.

My golf suffered dsg issues only last week. Reverse gear was not engaging and it was generally running rough. VW fixed it with a software update however the problem has returned not even one week later. They have been the worst company to deal with in regards to any repair issues with my 2013 high line!

VW claim they fixed it with software however the problem has returned not even a week later..

I don't check when fluid is changed, I just make sure my services are done as per schedule. I can only hope that the service does the right thing by me..
    Last edited by migz05; 09-04-2016 at 05:41 AM.

If you had read the post, i said it was time ALL the posts on clutches and DSG come under 1 post. ATM they are scattered.
    They have now been merged under this one consolidated thread.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Wow 70 pages of clutch/DSG issues.
    Question. Do VW have an ongoing problem with MK7 DSG gearboxes?
    Answer. Hell yes.
    Solution. If it's out of warranty keep everything crossed.
    Or sell it.
    Won't be visiting VW again until they have a 5 year warranty on their cars and a 7 year warranty on their DSGs.
    Seriously VW 3 years!? Don't you trust your own product?
    Good luck dubbers you are going to need it.
    Now the proud owner of a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Aspire.
    Still miss the MK7 though awesome car in just about every respect.

Users Country Flag

The Official DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Answer. Hell yes.
    Or sell it.
    Won't be visiting VW again until they have a 5 year warranty on their cars and a 7 year warranty on their DSGs.
    Seriously man, do you read the stuff here? These posts date back to 2010. MK7 didn't come out in AUS until 2013. Most of these posts are related to MK6 7 speeds. A well documented issue.

Some early MK7s had issues, they released a fix. Given the number of Golfs they sell a year vs. the number of people here complaining, it's a very small percentage.

So you bought a lemon, it happens to every brand. Move on. Take your negativity elsewhere. VW won't really miss you anyway, enjoy your Outlander.

Ps. Here's 15 pages of why people wouldn't buy a Outlander PHEV again. Enjoy the reading. Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum • View topic - Anyone else who wouldn't have a PHEV again?
    Last edited by agentthumb; 12-04-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Answer. Hell yes.
    Or sell it.
    Seriously, talk about repeatedly misrepresenting the facts, are you a politician by any chance? You badgered and badgered to get the threads merged and now you represent the MK 6 failures as proof that the MK 7 has an ongoing issue. As has been pointed out repeatedly, far and way the majority of these failures relate to the Mk 6 and it is patently clear that there are significantly fewer issues with the Mk 7.

I hope you are happy with the Mitsubishi, having owned a few, including one that needed an engine block replaced in its first year (and they replaced just the block and rings not the whole engine), I wouldn't buy another, but that's just me.

Please shut the door on your way out.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast