Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf" Thread

Ordered a white 90TSI comfortline yesterday, 6MT with no options....picking it up next week - it's going to be a long weekend : ) also - regarding the GTI, I was told that it's coming in September...

Quote Originally Posted by wys View Post
    Ordered a white 90TSI comfortline yesterday, 6MT with no options....picking it up next week - it's going to be a long weekend : ) also - regarding the GTI, I was told that it's coming in September...
    Hey wys, another newbie from WA here...how much did you end up getting yours driveaway if you don't mind me asking?

Users Country Flag

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mchap View Post
    Ordered a new White TDi today, 18 inch "rotary" wheels with Bridgestone RE002 tyres. Expecting delivery next Tuesday. Under 38k, fourth VW in as many years so I think I was looked after ? Traded 118tsi with sport pack, loved that twin charge motor ( not the 7 speed DSG though )
    Hi There, I love those wheels as I saw them on a VW accessories youtube video a few weeks back. They'll look really nice on the white. I asked the dealer on the launch weekend as he said with that tyre and wheel option it would cost close to '$1k a corner', that price put me off.

You said that you went for the TDI option, was that 1.6l or 2.0l and was it Comfortline or Highline ?

I just visited one dealer so far, Austral in Newstead in the city, I'm looking to shop around, who did you purchase from ?

Quote Originally Posted by exzibit View Post
    Hey wys, another newbie from WA here...how much did you end up getting yours driveaway if you don't mind me asking?
    Close to 27000..which was acceptable to me considering my very poor negotiating skills...

(Finally figured out this reply with quote function lol)
    Last edited by wys; 21-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Just a note out there to buyers, try and wait a bit before you order your Golfs, the first batch sent from Zwickau isn't of great quality, we have some of the first RHD ones... Try and get the ones built after Feb 2013... They had about 61 behind the scenes updates...
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

FIgures, any idea on what some of those improvements were?

I know two of them, they managed to stick in my mind. First one is regarding the structures behind the dashboard, near the steering column where they added an extra cross-brace member and the other one was regarding the primer used, apparently the Golf now has something like 8 coats of paint/primer whereas the 2012 models had just 6. The rest were to do with poor fitting door seals I think! I'll try and find the document and upload it...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

Was out today doing some serious tyre kicking and took a drive in the new 103TSI and I was impressed. It feels like a whole new car from the inside. I did notice a few Dec 12 builds, will be avoiding these.

I was reasonably impressed with the first price offered. Standard kit plus paint for $33K drive away. Tossing up a couple of colour options with the dealer able to provide both within the next few weeks.

Users Country Flag
    So, if we're looking for a Mar 2013 build car, when would those be arriving in Australia?

Would be nice to get that document Golf7...

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    So, if we're looking for a Mar 2013 build car, when would those be arriving in Australia?

Would be nice to get that document Golf7...
    Probably next month...

Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast