Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Number of Faults on Start Up

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

On this date and time my car had been sat all day at work from 7.30 to 4.00 approx. All I did is return to the car unlock it, get in and start it. That’s when all the se faults came up and as I drive off they go away one by one except the front radar, I have to turn the car off and then back on for this to work properly. They are aged as I’ve only just got round to clearing them yesterday and it’s not happened since that date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Thanks for the feedback by the way. The only other issue that I do have is that when I’m driving the front radar does pop up as a fault and stops working but then within a minute or 2 will just reactivate and start working again.

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    On this date and time my car had been sat all day at work from 7.30 to 4.00 approx. All I did is return to the car unlock it, get in and start it. That’s when all the se faults came up and as I drive off they go away one by one except the front radar, I have to turn the car off and then back on for this to work properly. They are aged as I’ve only just got round to clearing them yesterday and it’s not happened since that date.

^^^ ^hmm........ OK. Fact is though that the DTC is quite specific (Cruise Control Front Distance Range Sensor separated). So, either the module is lying, or it really happened through someone else's intervention, or it resulted from a loose wire/connector.

But this really doesn't matter for the purposes of the discussion. There were no "low battery volts" errors on your scan report. By all means, change the battery if you want - but do it because of a concern about its age, rather than as a result of a need from a diagnostic scan report!!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks for that mate. I’ll just let the battery run it’s due cause and carry on. Could the faulty front sensor be causing all the other problems?

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Could the faulty front sensor be causing all the other problems?

Difficult to be precise as to whether it's the sensor,itself. But,if the front radar errors keep reappearing intermittently - it strongly suggests that you have a recurring problem either with the module, or with a connector/pin somewhere, or with a section of the wiring loom. If you want to fault-find it yourself, I suggest that you grab a wiring diagram (using the car's VIN) and a multi-meter and trace the circuit wiring (perhaps start with the module earth wires). Please be aware that if you loose the module calibration parameters (by disconnecting wires), you will need to go back to the dealer because the radar calibration needs a special aiming screen

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 10-07-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Way way way above my pay scale, if it becomes more of an issue then main stealer it is. Thanks for everyone’s help. Any developments I’ll keep you informed.

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12