Thread: No OEM coolant hoses in Australia!

Users Country Flag

No OEM coolant hoses in Australia!

Started my Golf R SE this morning and coolant started leaking on the driveway. Lift bonnet and a critter (probably a possum as the stools were too big for a rat) had chewed a hole in the coolant hose that exits from the front of the engine cover and almost through the expansion tank overflow hose. Rang my local dealer and guess what?, none available in Australia and it will be at least 2 weeks to get them from Singapore! Rang local Audi dealer and they couldn’t help as they come from same place.

I’d imagine there a LOT of Audi/VW/Skoda cars with the same pipes yet VW Australia is happy to leave a customer stranded for two weeks because they keep insufficient stock. Rang VW Customer (I don’t) Care and of course they blamed COVID which I consider a poor excuse.

I modified a hose from Burson’s to keep me going as I need my car for work but I think that VW Australia need to seriously get their act together and stock sufficient levels of these sorts of parts.

Users Country Flag
    Yes, I agree. My 6weeks old Crafter blew up the engine and quests what, no engine in Australia and 1 engine in Germany for whole world.
    This is also against the law, since they have to keep the parts in this country for at least 8years after the last model rolled out from production line and in sufficient quantity.

A bit off topic, but at least we should know what to prepare for.
    It looks like this Global Reset by World Economic Forum will be worst than stupid19.
    The Great Reset - A New Ponzi Scheme - World Economic Forum - A Big Climate Fail - YouTube

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Wow! Have they given you a loaner? What caused the engine to fai?

Users Country Flag
    delete
    Last edited by Passat R36; 12-08-2020 at 10:19 PM.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangbosun View Post
    Wow! Have they given you a loaner? What caused the engine to fai?
    No loaner. The EGR cooler leaked. The Customer Care people, couldn’t even bother to order the new engine, they wanted to repair the failed one with bent con rod and possibly damaged bore. The DPF was filled with coolant too. They probably fix it and sell it again.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post

A bit off topic, but at least we should know what to prepare for.
    It looks like this Global Reset by World Economic Forum will be worst than stupid19.
    The Great Reset - A New Ponzi Scheme - World Economic Forum - A Big Climate Fail - YouTube
    hmm......... a tad controversial!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.