Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie question on Driver Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    @FarQ: (or should that read "Far canal"?): Hi - that's very odd passat behavior!!

It's a very easy task to confirm whether the mirror modules have the memory facility - but you need access to a diagnostic cable

Don
    haha.. never thought of "far canal".. yeah, my golf also seems to work better than the passat one... i have obd11, so what would i need to check?
    2008 MY09 Ibis White Audi S5 Manual SOLD!
    2017 MY18 Manganese Grey VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg SOLD!
    2018 MY18 Indium Grey VW Golf 110TSI Comfortline, DAP & Infotainment, Folding Mirrors!
    2023 MY23 Nevada White Cupra Formentor VZx

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FarQ View Post
    i have obd11, so what would i need to check?
    Just follow the instructions below (unfortunately the pictures use the old version of OBD11- but pretty-much the same information applies to the current release SW):

If your car has the memory module, the X/Y Coordinate values may be different than shown (this depends on your personal adjustment settings) - but the values can't be 255 %

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I figured it out and it's kind of funny. The mode I'm talking about is due to my learner son's driving. He's not used to my car yet and all I can say is that my Golf thinks he needs assistance. I think it's part of the driver monitor software. He's a little jerky; wanders in the lanes a bit - it comes on. I dropped him off at the train and all returned to normal. Yes!
    2017 Golf Wagon 110TSI Comfortline Tumeric Yellow

Are you saying you heard all the beeps and didn't notice how badly he was driving, and how those two things could be related?

I'm guessing since you reported it that you drove the car and it didn't happen?

I think we all thought it was going crazy on you every time since you made those unrelated changes.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

He actually drives ok. He’s a little jumpy on the brakes because they are much more sensitive than my wife’s Hyundai. I have only made two changes in Carista. I hate the auto stop start so that is one. I ran it again and the front sensor was out of whack. Reset it and seems ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12