Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new rear muffler Golf GTI 7.5 (2018)

Users Country Flag

new rear muffler Golf GTI 7.5 (2018)

Hi all,

I'm in the process of looking for a new muffler for a Golf GTI 7.5 (201. I'd like a new rear muffler which sounds a bit louder than the original but to the point where it is too loud and annoying. I was looking at the TCR exhaust from Track Hack parts and it looks like the one to get. I saw a guy on youtube who installed it and sounded pretty good. Has anybody installed this exhaust? Is there an equal alternative as i'd prefter to buy from Austraia? Happy to pay bit more to support aussie sellers.

I read on the Track Hack website that it may need a slight modification due to pipe size which is no big deal. I can get the mod done at an exhaust place.

Cheers in advance

Users Country Flag
    I assume you are talking about this part: GTI TCR Rear Muffler
    – Track Hack Parts

They do certainly sound better than the stock exhaust, and you can remove it and sell it if you ever move the car on.

Unfortunately the wait time on this part sucks. The other possible option would be to get this one GTI Clubsport S muffler
    – Track Hack Parts
    and have the tip spacing modified by the exhaust shop at the same time when you are having it fitted.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    In my view the best sounding exhaust out there is a Milltek exhaust ..... I have it on the R, the A1 and the Up! at the moment.

GTI non-resonated (loudest) Milltek Sport Cat-Back - VW Golf GTI MK7.5, Non-Resonated, Polished Tips [SSXVW462] - Harding Performance

GTI resonated Milltek Sport Cat-Back - VW Golf GTI MK7.5, Resonated, Polished Tips [SSXVW457] - Harding Performance

On the Amarok I have an X-Force, which is OK, not super great, and on the 150TSI I have a Supersprint (which is for a GTI), which is also pretty good, just not Milltek good.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 12-03-2021 at 11:53 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well. I finally had the chance to install the track hack exhaust and I personally don't think it made much of a difference at all. A little louder for the crackle and pop but I think it was a total waste of money.

I think I should have bought something like this:

XFORCE - VW GOLF GTI MK7 & MK7.5 2013- 3" STAINLESS CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM - MK7.5 GTI (2017+) - GTI/GTD - Volkswagen - Vehicles - SHOP BY

The other option is to first try the resonator delete pipe and see if that improves the sound.
    XFORCE Resonator Delete Kit - VW MK7/MK7.5 GOLF GTI - MK7.5 GTI (2017+) - GTI/GTD - Volkswagen - Vehicles - SHOP BY

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

new rear muffler Golf GTI 7.5 (2018)

The xforce exhaust sounds like garbage on the Mk7 GTI. Very loud and no refinement.

The resonator on the GTI is huge (its at least 60cm long). Get that either removed completely or replaced with a much smaller resonator and see how you like the sound.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 18-06-2021 at 06:27 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Thanks for your reply.

Good to know about the x-force. I'll try the resonator see how it sounds. If it still sounds crap I'll look into the Milltek as Sharkie suggested.

It's hard to know what it will sound like without hearing them in real life.

Resonator delete sucks. Drone from 2500-3000rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll look into some exhaust systems. They all seem to have res deletes too

Users Country Flag
    I just recently fitted the CTS exhaust. Its probably 20-30% louder on the outside but almost no difference from inside the car. Looks great and fitted up nicely. Note this is probably the most quiet aftermarket exhaust available for the GTI other than the OEM options, because the resonator and rear muffler are quite large. Some of the other brands run a smaller resonator (or no resonator) for more sound, but also probably more drone.

Some photos here if you are interested in looking: My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

CTS TURBO MK7/7.5 GTI 3″ CAT BACK EXHAUST
    – JT MODS
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I just recently fitted the CTS exhaust. Its probably 20-30% louder on the outside but almost no difference from inside the car. Looks great and fitted up nicely. Note this is probably the most quiet aftermarket exhaust available for the GTI other than the OEM options, because the resonator and rear muffler are quite large. Some of the other brands run a smaller resonator (or no resonator) for more sound, but also probably more drone.

Some photos here if you are interested in looking: My Mk7 GTI PP....turns out I cant resist the VAG.

CTS TURBO MK7/7.5 GTI 3″ CAT BACK EXHAUST
    – JT MODS
    Thanks for the photos. It looks quite nice. I like the idea of it not being too much louder so I'll add that to the consideration list.

I bought and installed the GTI TCR Rear Muffler
    – Track Hack Parts
    but that was a waste. As soon as I'm buying exhaust I'll try and sell the one I bought

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast