Thread: New golf 2019 gti, drl ?.

New golf 2019 gti, drl ?.

Hi to all,
    Just purchased a current 180Kw gti, no additional options. The centre drl’s are not working. A call and email to dealership has been unresponsive, should I be surprised.
    Some googling may suggest because I did not purchase one of the packages ( with a light function ), this may be why the centres are not working.
    Any thoughts is VCDS May turn them on ?
    Nice to hear from other Gti, with and without the packages.
    Regards
    John

Users Country Flag
    john: Hi. I'm not sure about MY19, but my recollection is that in previous GTI models, there were no active components in the inner "angel-eyes" (mostly decorative) - alas VCDS won't help. Needed to get the R model golf for 4 x active "U's"

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

My MY 18 gti original no DRL on the centre lights, had a look inside with a scope and there is no Led's fitted,

The MY18 GTI has full DRL along the front. The MY19 has the centre ones switched off. No idea why. Pretty sure this is isolated to Australian models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    The MY18 GTI has full DRL along the front. The MY19 has the centre ones switched off. No idea why. Pretty sure this is isolated to Australian models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VW Australia have removed the higher spec headlights with the "Dynamic Cornering" feature from GTIs. Only the higher spec have the inner DRLs. You will have to buy a "R" to get these now.

Hi to All,
    Many thanks for the replies, interestingly the dealerships are unaware of this in the main.
    Many advertising pictures show both working, must have been overseas models.
    Still a nice car.
    Regards
    John