Thread: Needing help with infotainment and High Beam issues Pls!

Needing help with infotainment and High Beam issues Pls!

My 2015 92TSI has me stumped!!!

Firstly, my microphone doesn't work anymore! I can hear the other person but they can't hear me (this is through bluetooth AND Android Auto which used to work fine up until now). I've even replaced the microphone twice to no avail.

Secondly, with headlights on, every time I push the high beam lever forward and activate high beams, my reverse lights come on and reversing camera pops open (but no video etc)!! 😕
    Shortly after dipping the high beams, the reverse lights turn off and the camera folds away again.
    Now this does NOT happen with the headlights off OR when you pull back on the lever as if to flash the high beams.

I'm at a loss... I have carista but that doesn't tell me anything 🙃 & all settings/customisations are at factory default as far as I'm aware.

Can someone with VCDS or OBDEleven help please?!

Cheers guys!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nstamo05 View Post
    Secondly, with headlights on, every time I push the high beam lever forward and activate high beams, my reverse lights come on and reversing camera pops open (but no video etc)!! ��
    Shortly after dipping the high beams, the reverse lights turn off and the camera folds away again.
    Now this does NOT happen with the headlights off OR when you pull back on the lever as if to flash the high beams.
    Let's deal with the 2nd matter 1st!! My guess would be that if this odd behavior doesn't result in a CEL error message on your dash - then the BCM (i.e. the module that lives @ address hex09) is happy for the high-beam switch to illuminate the reverse light. Which strongly suggests that the BCM has been programmed to function in this perverse manner!!

Actually, the unfolding camera makes perfect sense - because the trigger signal to open the the camera is volts on the right-side reverse light. Hence, if the reverse lights illuminate (at any time), the camera must pop-out!! Of course, there will be no image on the MIB from the reverse camera because the car's forward speed is higher than the switch-off speed for the reversing function

So - my suggestion (I'm "guessing") as to cause is that someone has been tampering with Leuchte-set values for the high-beam lamps. I don't know which Leuchte-sets these are on your car because you haven't indicated what type of headlight fittings are installed

The fact that the oddity doesn't happen "with the headlights off OR when you pull back the lever" suggests (to me) that the messed-up Leuchte-command is Fernlicht links/rechts

Quote Originally Posted by nstamo05 View Post
    Firstly, my microphone doesn't work anymore! I can hear the other person but they can't hear me (this is through bluetooth AND Android Auto which used to work fine up until now). I've even replaced the microphone twice to no avail.
    Again, the question is - is there any fault code on the hex5F module related to the microphone? If not, then I'm suspicious that a code tinker might be the cause. If there is a DTC (error) - maybe there is a wiring/equipment issue

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 09-04-2022 at 02:29 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.