Thread: NAVIGATION: Function not supported. mk7 golf R

Users Country Flag

NAVIGATION: Function not supported. mk7 golf R

hi friends,

was wondering if anyone could help me with my navigation.

My nav has worked perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago.

Now whenever i press the nav button is says " NAVIGATION: Function not supported'

All i could think of is using OBD11 to do your minor tweaks and clear some codes e.t.c

in the control unit where nav is contained i changed the brand from VW to no brand (which ive reverted back to VW) and also the infotainment warning message which pops up all the time i turned off which ive had to turn back on to see if it wasnt that.

I didnt touch anything to do with the nav but since its stopped working ive tried turning the nav off and back on.. turning the car off e.t.c all the combinations but still not working

Wondering if anyone can help.

thanks !

Users Country Flag
    ^^^have you tried resetting the 5F module?

With the unit turned-on press and hold-down the ON/OFF knob until the unit turns-off and keep holding down the knob until the unit turns-on again.

If this still doesn't work, post-up a copy of the auto-scan results so we can see what's actually happening on your car -please

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^have you tried resetting the 5F module?

With the unit turned-on press and hold-down the ON/OFF knob until the unit turns-off and keep holding down the knob until the unit turns-on again.

If this still doesn't work, post-up a copy of the auto-scan results so we can see what's actually happening on your car -please

Don

i just took the car to the shop and what do you know it works now !...

Possibly didnt properly reset the module when i was turning the car and module off but it must have reset properly when i closed the doors and locked the car.

Thought it may have been enough to disconnect obd11.. unplug.. turn car off and open the door so the unit turns off properly.

Not sure what happened there but ill take it

Hi, sorry to necropost this bad but I've currently got the same issue on my 2016 Seat Leon and this seems to be the only forum post on the internet about it. I got home from work 2 days ago and all was well with my MIB 2 unit but yesterday morning the Nav and phone function no longer work, Bluetooth doesn't work and the USB port doesn't even charge any phone I plug into it.

I've tried the power button reset trick and factory reset the unit in the settings but still no dice. Can either of you help me out? Amunra, I've left my car sat for roughly 12 hours and it still didn't work after that, I've tried resetting fault codes with an OBD adapter but still no dice, did you do anything specific with your OBD before you took your car to the shop to get it working again?