Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MY20 (brand new only 400km) GTI - Sometimes Jolts from a stand still

Quote Originally Posted by minke View Post
    She's come out of a MY03 Subaru 2.0L 92KW and 140NM (from memory) . She never mated the pedal to the firewall. I'd often have it welded. heheh
    Oh jeez she’d have had to be planting the pedal to the bitumen to go forwards in that thing LOL. Would take some getting used to the GTI after that!

Users Country Flag
    If the car is DSG are you sure its not just the clutch engaging? I've only been in a few Mk7's, but plenty of Mk6 and Mk5's and you always got some low speed shudder through the gearbox as the clutch was taking up.

Very common criticism of all dual clutch transmission vehicles when they are road tested.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    If the car is DSG are you sure its not just the clutch engaging? I've only been in a few Mk7's, but plenty of Mk6 and Mk5's and you always got some low speed shudder through the gearbox as the clutch was taking up.

Very common criticism of all dual clutch transmission vehicles when they are road tested.
    This. Agreed whole heartedly. My wife recently traded her Passat on a new A4. Then there is my Alltrack. All 3 vehicles have different take up behaviour.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post

Definitely not that. THe dry clutch DSGs suffer badly from that but the wets don't anywhere near as much. Its not that feeling.

I think the most logically is brake binding from the wet/rain.

I think the most logically is brake binding from the wet/rain.
    Does it make a noise when it happens ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Does it make a noise when it happens ?
    No other than the expected soundtrack of a 'jolt' throughout the cabin as it occurs.

It's currently at the dealer getting a cabin rattle sorted and I've asked if there's a known TPI for what I've described. We will see where the cookie crumbles. I've got five years 'Warren's-tree'

It's currently at the dealer getting a cabin rattle sorted
    Where’s the rattle? I’ve got a few in mine that miraculously stop making a noise whenever I’m within 5km of any VW dealer MY20 (brand new only 400km) GTI - Sometimes Jolts from a stand still

Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    Where’s the rattle? I’ve got a few in mine that miraculously stop making a noise whenever I’m within 5km of any VW dealer MY20 (brand new only 400km) GTI - Sometimes Jolts from a stand still
    close the driver's door and there's a spring-type rattle. Salesman ran the next day after pick-up and ask how it was all going and I told him. Was able to hear it over the phone. It also exhibited a similar sound over rough road. Drove it out and they heard it instantly and said 'we'll look at it'

Nothing ever goes back the way it came out... so do worry it will be worse. Or something new introduced. We will see.

Rattle known issue. TPI available for it.

Turns out the sunvisor's mirror rattles against the vanity light above the sun visor on the driver's side.

No answer on the 'jolt'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast