Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MY15 Changes - Mk7 Golf

These updates are only good news for those of us who have MY14 cars. There is nothing new that we wanted like Discover Pro and the removal of the ability to combine manual and bi-xenons (what I got) makes me relieved I didn't wait

They will need to change the new GTI/R brochure too - I wonder how long that'll take (thinking back to the LED number plate light debacle). The GTI with bi-xenons is plastered all over that. I'm not sure there's a halogen to be seen.
    Last edited by Jimi; 29-04-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Wow, so relieved I got bi-xenons! VWA you b@stards! haha. At least it'll make ours look a bit more exclusive.

Overseas forums have hinted that the 1.4 engine has been tweaked slightly (140ps to 150ps). It's only a few kilowatts but I thought it would have got a mention
    Also the 90kW goes up to 92kW....I'm not sure whether we get the new engines here though. The UK guys are talking about the 1.4 engine with ACT which is not the same as the one we get here.

There are so many things that they could have changed for MY15 and so many options that we don't get here that it appears waiting for MY15 isn't really worth it.
    - MkVII 90TSI Comfortline 5-door, 2014, Pacific Blue (LA5J) 6MT, w/ Driver Assist 2 and Discover Media - DELIVERED
    - MkV GTi 5-door, 2009, Candy White (LB9A) DSG, Sunroof, RCD 510, MDI - SOLD
    - MkIV TDi Van, 2002, Reflex Silver (LA7W) 5MT - STILL GOING
    - MkIII 1.4CL 5-door, 1993, Steel Blue (LB5T) 5MT w/ Power steering - BEING REVIVED

Definitely new engines... My newly order 140PS GT updated today on the VW website to the higher model...

What do you guys mean removal of Xenons on manuals? I ordered xenons and LEDs as a £1,150 option... If they remove that then I will actually cause a massive hissy as they're the only reason I ordered the high model!!
    Last edited by SonicAaron; 30-04-2014 at 06:04 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicAaron View Post
    Definitely new engines... My newly order 140PS GT updated today on the VW website to the higher model...

What do you guys mean removal of Xenons on manuals? I ordered xenons and LEDs as a £1,150 option... If they remove that then I will actually cause a massive hissy as they're the only reason I ordered the high model!!
    It's probably for the Australian market only as they are moving to a bundled options package rather than a "order what options you want" style system

Ah I see. That's a bit mean!

I was able to decide well I like the xenons and led's , and also the reverse camera... And alloys. But if you guys want those then you might have to buy two bundle things! Xenons might be in one, but the camera in another.

Users Country Flag
    They will need to change the new GTI/R brochure too - I wonder how long that'll take (thinking back to the LED number plate light debacle). The GTI with bi-xenons is plastered all over that. I'm not sure there's a halogen to be seen.
    It so happens I have the brochure sitting on my desk this week with the car paperwork - it's publication ID is VGAGGTIMY14, so I suspect a VGAGGTIMY15 print run might be around the corner.

It does have one small pic of the front end with halogens discussing front end design, otherwise all other pics are of the xenons which isn't surprising as I'm happy to admit the two Us look great (still hate the red line though). What is interesting is all of the rear end pics are of non-LED tails despite being the same car, so I am guessing the early press car/intention was not to offer it.

OK, I use the term interesting in context there.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by SonicAaron View Post
    I was able to decide well I like the xenons and led's , and also the reverse camera... And alloys. But if you guys want those then you might have to buy two bundle things! Xenons might be in one, but the camera in another.
    The specifications available in Australia are set by the Australian importer - Volkswagen Group Australia. The availability of options and specifications is specific to Australia - Ireland is completely different.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

These updates are only good news for those of us who have MY14 cars. There is nothing new that we wanted like Discover Pro and the removal of the ability to combine manual and bi-xenons (what I got) makes me relieved I didn't wait

Glad I got my wagon optioned with xenons (although I may cancel it if I can't get a Discover Pro with maps retrofitted by the time delivery rolls around). I happen to know that there's a Sydney dealer receiving a night blue wagon (discontinued colour) with shetland leather (discontinued colour) with xenons (discontinued).

The wagon and hatch brochures are full of xenon pictures, too.

Users Country Flag
    Hmmm, I was going to order a white GTI manual with bi-xenons as the one and only option tomorrow having decided the R was too noisy/harsh/hard for a daily driver. Had a 90TSI as a rental for a week and found the halogens not as good as on my Mk6 118.

I don't want a DSG or a sun roof so the "performance pack" also ruled out. Talk about a spanner in the works!

well i wouldn't waste any time, the car might be out there in a dealership and the faster you get out there, the more of a chance you have of getting it
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast