Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MY15 Changes - Mk7 Golf

Users Country Flag

Less options, less colours, this has to be one of the most backward MY changes in a while.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Less options, less colours, this has to be one of the most backward MY changes in a while.
    I know aye?
    The way i am looking at it, as mine is fully optioned it should help come resale time if i look to upgrade to an R in the future.
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I know aye?
    The way i am looking at it, as mine is fully optioned it should help come resale time if i look to upgrade to an R in the future.
    To the right buyer perhaps, but sadly the old adage is options come resale time = no or little value.

That was why a lot of buyers were keen last year on the Merc A250 because it packaged most things together, rather than the GTI approach of having to add it all in.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    To the right buyer perhaps, but sadly the old adage is options come resale time = no or little value.

That was why a lot of buyers were keen last year on the Merc A250 because it packaged most things together, rather than the GTI approach of having to add it all in.
    True but now if a buyer wants Xenon lights but not GTI PP, it will be more rare to find one

Anyway i am surprised that they haven't upgraded to Discover Pro or Push Button start/ Keyless entry. Really thought they would have done upgrades like that instead of removing stuff.
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    True but now if a buyer wants Xenon lights but not GTI PP, it will be more rare to find one

Anyway i am surprised that they haven't upgraded to Discover Pro or Push Button start/ Keyless entry. Really thought they would have done upgrades like that instead of removing stuff.
    I second this. I don't know what VW Australia is thinking, with all the feedback that's been given, I woulda thought that the discover pro woulda been an option for MY15
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

Makes sense - keeps the PP as a higher specced model and with them being included as part of the deal it will help the PP buyers out at resale time. Although if I had a desire for xenons I'd then be forced to accept 19s.. and I'm guessing no sun-roof (not that I want that either).

The 40 year decal is clearly a bold move.
    Which is great unless you want a manual GTI with bi-xenons.
    GTI | Carbon | Man | 5 door | Leather | 18" Detroit | Bluetooth | MDI | Bi-Xenon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by elephino View Post
    Which is great unless you want a manual GTI with bi-xenons.
    I don't. But I see your point.

Going to have to step up to the R..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag

Yep correct. Options add little resale value. I've got a mate who thinks he can get $27k for his second hand Polo GTI just because it has every option. He'll be lucky to crack $23k.

Current Ride: Golf GTI Mk7 MY2014|DSG|Carbon Steel
    Previous Ride: Polo GTI MY2012|DSG|RNS510|Shadow Blue|Lenso GF7 18” rims
    Instagram: @lemonskin

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonskin View Post
    Yep correct. Options add little resale value. I've got a mate who thinks he can get $27k for his second hand Polo GTI just because it has every option. He'll be lucky to crack $23k.
    Exactly, seen it happen too many times.

It's why I've suggested for a long time that there be a GTI 'Highline' model that groups most/all major options together in one discounted bundle. Market it as such, and it least there is better chance for those options to retain some value.

The Japanese seem to do this a lot with a base model, and then a luxury model. It can be a pain if you want to split between leather, xenons, sunroof, bigger wheels etc. but obviously makes ordering easier, and means the two models have two distinct price points.

Anyway, kinda glad no move to Discover Pro just yet given I'm due to pick up my non-Discover Pro this week.

Exactly, seen it happen too many times.

It's why I've suggested for a long time that there be a GTI 'Highline' model that groups most/all major options together in one discounted bundle. Market it as such, and it least there is better chance for those options to retain some value.
    A GTI with the luxury bundle is the ... PP, so VW have been listening.

What VW has done is look at how many people option a GTI with HIDs and have decided that it's not worth the hassle.

VW is pruning the proliferation of models.... it's ditching the diesel Polo from the update due in Sept. Already dropped the 3 door Polo GTI.
    Up is gone, Scirocco will be next. Jetta 147TSi (or whatever the one with the GTI engine is) has been dropped.
    Last edited by pologti18t; 29-04-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast