Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: MkVII Brakes (Pads, Rotors and Calipers) - Discussion and Questions

Users Country Flag

The only thing I'd say of note so far is that running ceramics all round will result in a slight reduction in initial bite feel from the brakes over metallic pads like the factory ones. Nothing major just takes a little adjusting to.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by KorwinAU View Post
    The only thing I'd say of note so far is that running ceramics all round will result in a slight reduction in initial bite feel from the brakes over metallic pads like the factory ones. Nothing major just takes a little adjusting to.
    Yeah thats what my research has turned up 2 but i am ok with that i am vry easy on brakes being a heavy truck driver always using engine braking and leaving large braking gaps also new calipers will have slightly larger pads so should balance out ok

Got the new calipers they are off for painting will get them fitted when i am back from holidays

MkVII Brakes (Pads, Rotors and Calipers) - Discussion and Questions-20170909_153330-jpg

MkVII Brakes (Pads, Rotors and Calipers) - Discussion and Questions-20171010_160312-jpg

painted now off for fitting on 1st november
    Last edited by Kachingg; 24-10-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    MkVII Brakes (Pads, Rotors and Calipers) - Discussion and Questions-20171101_180941-jpg

Looks as good as i thought it would
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    It's time for new pads (and rotors?) on our Golf R-line, 80,000kms.

Approximately how many kms are left from when the wear indicator comes on (light traffic driving)?
    Is it likely the rotors will last two pad changes, or should rotors be done too?
    Would you do front and rear, or only the front if rear are okay?
    What are your recommendations for pads and rotors (since the last post was 3 years ago)?

Brakes Direct suggested standard DBA rotors with Brembo pads.
    Front DBA Street Series Rotors - $87.97ea (2 req) - DBA2810 DBA Street Series Standard Brake Rotor
    Front Brembo Ceramic Pads - $117.97set - P85126N | Brembo Ceramic Brake Pads (DB2383)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by blaast; 11-10-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    You should safely have several thousand km’s of brake pad material left when the low pad indicator lights up on your dash.

I just fitted ATE Ceramic pads to my Mk7 GTI Performance and am extremely happy with them. Mainly wanted them for the low dust factor of the ceramic compound combined with the lower disk wear rate.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Just be careful when you buy "Ceramic" pads for the low dust factor. Not all Ceramics are the same.
    I too have used the same part number ATE Ceramic as Lucas has - and they are fantastic from the dust factor.

I have recently put on some other brand of well know Ceramic and they are completely useless from a a dust factor. In fact I would say these ones make "Stuff-all" difference to brake dust over standard pads.
    Last edited by davman; 11-10-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    2019 MY19.5 Highline (R-Line, S&V, Sunroof)
    Stage 3 - Etuners Motorsport - 228wkW, TCU Tune
    G Revision IHI IS38, BMS Panel Filter, CTS Turbo Elbow, CTS Downpipe, Dogbone Insert
    Dynamic Light Assist (OBD11), Eibach Pro Kit Suspension

Users Country Flag
    I have used these Bremtec Euroline “Ceramic Technology” pads previously (sourced from Brakes Direct website), and although they are a bit better on dust compared to the factory pads - they are still a very dusty pad.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I use those DBA plain face rotors and they are a great "normal driver" replacement.

It's $80-$100/pair to machine rotors these days so why would you bother with the very soft factory rotors when new rotors are so cheap?

I haven't used the Brembo pads so can't comment.

I did try the Bremtec Pro on my daughters Honda (on Brakes Direct Recommendation) and wasn't impressed.

I would ask Brakes Direct what the DBA pads are like. They are probably re-badged Wagners which I have on the Octavia and the dust control, noise, instant grip is great.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Just don't fit TEXTAR pads... OMFG worst brake dust ever, should go back to OEM!

Users Country Flag

Ceramic Brake Pads for clean wheels
    Ceramic Brake Pads for clean wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast