Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK7 Multi region V1 Map Update

Users Country Flag

MK7 Multi region V1 Map Update

I'm not going to go into the whole thing as its been discussed at length on these forums. Sadly for me I discovered this great pool of knowledge far too late to stop my friend and I giving it a red hot go and subsequently failing to update my 2013 GTi maps to the latest version. My issue was added to by my mate then deleting the backup we had made of the SD card to make some room on this hard drive for what I assume was pictures of kittens and the like.

Anyway after banging my head against the wall with VW here on the GoldCoast I took a different angle of attached and even though I knew full well what the issue was and what had caused it, I just turned it back around on them so much so I was able to talk a rather keen junior sales person into giving me a brand new Multi Region V1 SD Card. which I promptly took home and copied the contents onto my original card. Giving me two full functional cards.

Seeing as I am certainly not the only person who has had this issue if anyone is in need of a fully functional Original VW Multi Region Map V1 (5G0 919 866A) card feel free to get in touch and we can work something out.

Users Country Flag
    The honest thing to do would be to return it to the dealer wouldnt it . But you dont seem to be that sort of a person

All that dishonesty when you could have bought a 32 gig SD card for $25 or so

Perhaps one of us might give Gold Coast VW a ring and link them to this post
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    All that dishonesty when you could have bought a 32 gig SD card for $25 or so
    Only problem with that idea is your standard SD card won't work in the VW Discover Media, you need the original SD card (3GO 919 866*) to remain in the SD slot for the system to read it. Discover Pro is capable of using other SD cards to load the system as this is hard drive based.
    Also what is the value of V1 mapping ???? Maps from 2013, I don't think what stock lying around is of any use to anyone. Well done to the salesman for helping out.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Only problem with that idea is your standard SD card won't work in the VW Discover Media, you need the original SD card (3GO 919 866*) to remain in the SD slot for the system to read it. Discover Pro is capable of using other SD cards to load the system as this is hard drive based.
    Also what is the value of V1 mapping ???? Maps from 2013,
    I don't think what stock lying around is of any use to anyone. Well done to the salesman for helping out.
    So how come he copied it and now uses the copy and is "Disposing" of the original Also the value isnt the point He stuffed up himself by his own admission and then "put it on VW" and then told lies to get a freeby and now is "passing it on"
    If the unit needs the "original" how come it works with his copy.

I did similar with a friends Mazda and it cost me $245 for a new card. Wasnt going to tell lies and Mazda wasnt going to give me one for nothing regardless of what story i told them

. IF you were in business and had "old stock" that you paid for would you just give it away because of a false sob story.

Wouldnt be in business long if you did.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-06-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I've just done the same thing, don't suppose you still have the extra SD Card??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshDCHawes View Post
    I'm not going to go into the whole thing as its been discussed at length on these forums. Sadly for me I discovered this great pool of knowledge far too late to stop my friend and I giving it a red hot go and subsequently failing to update my 2013 GTi maps to the latest version. My issue was added to by my mate then deleting the backup we had made of the SD card to make some room on this hard drive for what I assume was pictures of kittens and the like.

Anyway after banging my head against the wall with VW here on the GoldCoast I took a different angle of attached and even though I knew full well what the issue was and what had caused it, I just turned it back around on them so much so I was able to talk a rather keen junior sales person into giving me a brand new Multi Region V1 SD Card. which I promptly took home and copied the contents onto my original card. Giving me two full functional cards.

Seeing as I am certainly not the only person who has had this issue if anyone is in need of a fully functional Original VW Multi Region Map V1 (5G0 919 866A) card feel free to get in touch and we can work something out.
    Don't suppose you still have the extra SD??? I've just done the same thing . . .

Users Country Flag
    Hey,
    hope you are doing well. Thankyou so much for sharing this useful info. I am facing same problem with my SD card and I am based in Auckland. Do you think this will work here as well ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    Hey,
    hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for sharing this useful info. I am facing same problem with my SD card and I am based in Auckland. Do you think this will work here as well ?
    You need to have the original VW SD card as it has a hidden folder in it which initialises to the car and while you can copy the mapping data over you cant make a generic card work. Technically it is also piracy

Users Country Flag
    The honest thing to do would be to return it to the dealer wouldnt it . But you dont seem to be that sort of a person
    Have to agree with this.
    2016 (MY17) VW Golf GTI 40 Years 6 Speed Manual SOLD
    2020 VW T-ROC 140TSI Sport

Users Country Flag

The honest thing to do would be to return it to the dealer

hmm....... purely out of intellectual curiosity - I checked with a local VW dealer. According to the VW master-tech, the latest maps for Australia (as at 11/11/22) for MIB1 SATNAV is the 2020 version!!.

This kind-of confirms the difficulties that have been expressed by others in the 2 x threads on this forum (and my own experience) relating particularly to MIB1 units!!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast