Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 iPod Compatibility (MDI, Bluetooth etc)

Because VW Australia are idiots who think the Australian consumers will accept old sheet shoveled down their collective throats.

I hate bluetooth audio. Hate it with a passion. The sound quality is just abysmal.
    Audi S3. Sold
    Golf R. Sold
    Citroen DS3 Dsport. Sold
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    So basic consensus on this is, there's no possible way to directly connect your iPhone via cable to the Golf?
    MY19 Polo GTI DSG | Pure White | Driver Assistance Package | Infotainment Package | Luxury Package

In my golf there is not difference in Bluetooth sound to USB/CD sound quality

Golf mk7 TDI Highline. 17inch blade wheels, Bi-Xenon, DA pack limestone grey
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    Agreed. Bluetooth A2DP streaming audio quality is excellent and to my ageing ears at least, indistinguishable from CD or MP3 inputs.

Users Country Flag
    I'll give a go when we go car shopping on the weekend and check it out
    MY19 Polo GTI DSG | Pure White | Driver Assistance Package | Infotainment Package | Luxury Package

Users Country Flag
    Jeez I'm pissed about this. Have 140gb of cd quality music on an iPod Classic that we can't use. Using sad or flash drives just sounds like a ridiculous solution. I connected an iPod to a 2013 Passat so can't believe a mk 7 won't accept it. Lift your game VWA.

Users Country Flag
    Had a good look at an Audi A3 sedan yesterday. Connected my phone via Bluetooth and it displayed my album art while playing music and even read out a text message. These things don't happen on a Golf 7. All part of the Volkswagen group so go figure!
    MY14 Golf VII 110 TDI Highline | DSG 6 spd | Pure White | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather |

The other limitation with the Golf 7 Bluetooth connection is that you can only connect one device at a time - it is either your music or your phone, you can't run both simultaneously. Don't know if it is the same with Audi or other vehicles in the VW stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    In my golf there is not difference in Bluetooth sound to USB/CD sound quality

Golf mk7 TDI Highline. 17inch blade wheels, Bi-Xenon, DA pack limestone grey
    I tried it when I was testdriving new cars.

Was not impressed. Put on Mogwai Fear Satan which is 18 minutes of instrumental post rock bliss with lots of difference in volume etc and the sound quality and glitches was not impressive at all.
    Audi S3. Sold
    Golf R. Sold
    Citroen DS3 Dsport. Sold
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkles66 View Post
    The other limitation with the Golf 7 Bluetooth connection is that you can only connect one device at a time - it is either your music or your phone, you can't run both simultaneously. Don't know if it is the same with Audi or other vehicles in the VW stable.
    I have two devices connected simultaneously to my bluetooth on my Golf? One being my phone and the other being my ipod for music??
    MK7 MY14 Golf 103 TSI Highline | Pure White | DSG | Anti Theft | Sunroof | Bi Xenon | Driver Assist | Leather | 18' Motorsport wheels

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast