Thread: MK7 GTI PP MY14 - Water pump and Fuel pump replacement needed

MK7 GTI PP MY14 - Water pump and Fuel pump replacement needed

Hello Good people ,

I have an Issue right now where there are minor leaks (couple drops every other or 4th day) on Both fuel and water pump . Car went into service at reputable indy Service shop and they sent a quote yesterday . It came to about $3100 (approx) , would like to know experience of others and does the quoted price seems genuine . They will be using OEM< parts is there a recommendation to use after market better parts for longevity . I intend to give the car to my daughter next year as wife will likely to update hers .

Now before the Comments begin :

I am not concerned about the Price but i am a person who works hard for his money. I like to check with collative hive mind .Money is not an issue , want to confirm that i am paying the Right price and not getting ripped off.

I appreciate your time and valuable advise

Users Country Flag
    Water pump/thermostat parts are about $630. And around $600-700 for labour as its not a fun job. Water Pump & Thermostat Housing Bundle (MQB) EA888 Gen 3 - 2.0 TFSI EA888.3 – VAGPARTS Australia

Best off to stick to VW genuine parts for the water pump as they have revised it a few times to try and make it better. Hopefully an aftermarket company will make a cast aluminium version soon - but none are available yet.

The high pressure fuel pump which is bolted to the head of the engine (and is run off the inlet camshaft) is $580. You could easily replace this yourself with some basic tools if you are mechanically minded. Otherwise I cant imaging you would be charged more that 1hr labour ($150 ish) to replace it - its a pretty simple and quick task. 06J127025L - High Pressure Fuel Pump - Audi & Volkswagen 2.0 EA888 – VAGPARTS Australia

One thing to check with the fuel pump, are you sure its not just a perished o-ring that is causing the leak? Is it leaking oil or fuel?WHT005184 - O-Ring for Fuel Pump EA113 – VAGPARTS Australia

So $3,100 does sound a bit rich. I would think $2,000-2,200 would be a more realistic price for both items to be replaced.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thank you for links and info , Sorry i probably can do it but i am very time poor due to work and other duties .

Fuel Pump is leaking oil . I would have trusted the shop as it has very good repo here in SA but now i will shop around and check first . perhaps i can provide my own part since they re charging almost double in comparison.

Users Country Flag

MK7 GTI PP MY14 - Water pump and Fuel pump replacement needed

Quote Originally Posted by MRsnipeit View Post
    Thank you for links and info , Sorry i probably can do it but i am very time poor due to work and other duties .

Fuel Pump is leaking oil . I would have trusted the shop as it has very good repo here in SA but now i will shop around and check first . perhaps i can provide my own part since they re charging almost double in comparison.
    If the fuel pump is leaking oil then its almost certainly just the o-ring. Certainly worth a try for $20.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 28-07-2021 at 09:58 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler