Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk7 GTI buyers guide review video

Yeah Lucas, depending on the climate (rainfall) where you live there is much less exposure to rain here in Oz, but they shouldn't be leaking at the rate they are.

I also forgot to mention the rubber boots for wiring at the top of the hatch. The clips on these are prone to breaking when being removed (eg for a rear dashcam or reversing camera) and after that they can leak.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I just found this post on A1 Autohaus' facebook page saying they fitted an aftermarket alloy water pump to a Mk7 R. Very interested in this as my original waterpump has recently started to leak and im certainly not interested in replacing it with another plastic OEM pump.

Does anyone know who makes this pump? If not I will call A1 Autohaus and see if they can tell me.

Mk7 GTI buyers guide review video-mk7-water-pump-jpg
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Great find, thanks Lucas. If available, I reckon I'll 100% go that route when the time comes.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I just found this post on A1 Autohaus' facebook page saying they fitted an aftermarket alloy water pump to a Mk7 R. Very interested in this as my original waterpump has recently started to leak and im certainly not interested in replacing it with another plastic OEM pump.

Does anyone know who makes this pump? If not I will call A1 Autohaus and see if they can tell me.

Mk7 GTI buyers guide review video-mk7-water-pump-jpg
    I'll buy 1 and keep it for when I need it. Let us know when you find it.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12